Kings reverse DDT

By Mordai, in UFS Rules Q & A

Okay.. If the match up is king vs another 6hs.er. what will happen when I use the E:s on this card.

Do I have to:

Have a smaller printed handsize for it to work?

Have lesser cards than my opponent in my hand at the point when I do the E.s? like I have 3, my opponent has 4 or something..

"Hand size" refers to the number of cards you will draw up to during your ready phase, not the number of cards in your hand(s).

If you're up against a fellow 6 hand size character, the Enhance will do nothing. They have to have a 7 hand size (or more, in Legacy) for it to work.

I'm pretty sure thats "printed hand size", and if it isnt they need to stop using "printed hand size", "hand size", and "cards in hand" and pick two to be used in all situations so theres no more of this BS.

Ninjazanus said:

I'm pretty sure thats "printed hand size", and if it isnt they need to stop using "printed hand size", "hand size", and "cards in hand" and pick two to be used in all situations so theres no more of this BS.

Actually, if it refered to printed hand size it would be dumb, because you could keep doing it until their handsize was 0 or less.

So against someone w/ 7 printed handsize you can do it once. Against someone w/ printed handsize of 8 you can do it twice. Assuming there's nothing else that changes handsize.

Ninjazanus said:

It isn't BS at all, the three things you just named are all different, in a very real and functional sense.

Given the state of the game, DDT's ability seems pretty worthless, since only 7 of the 34 legal characters have 7 hand size. It just seems unreasonable on the designer's part to make King's UR attack a gimmick.

Ninjazanus said:

Given the state of the game, DDT's ability seems pretty worthless, since only 7 of the 34 legal characters have 7 hand size. It just seems unreasonable on the designer's part to make King's UR attack a gimmick.

It was designed before the emergency rotation unexpectedly removed about a dozen strong 7 and 8 hand size characters from the format... but which would you rather have, the format where DDT works more often or the format where King is actually a viable character?

and Kings DDT will be legal for a long time. Odds are some viable 7HS characters will come out in that time. Also characters like Herr may become playable again

Ninjazanus said:

Aside from the above mentioned - Card was designed prior to emergecy rotation (which is a correct statement).

People complain that UFS doesn't support legacy.

What IF... just IF... a new card had been designed to be awesome in legacy?

There is a contingent of players who do play legacy.

Could see this card work in a Hugo then, ^^ that would be pretty cool actually