Goblin Sapper

By Canadianized, in Talisman Rules Questions

Goblin Sapper: Stranger: "You may pay 1 gold to move the Sapper to any space with an Adventure Card. You must then choose 1 Adventure Card on that space and discard it."

Am I reading this wrong, or does it look like, after you move him, you can choose to destroy him, as opposed to any Adventure Card he just moved onto? Reason being it says "You must then ," meaning after he's arrived.

Canadianized said:

Goblin Sapper: Stranger: "You may pay 1 gold to move the Sapper to any space with an Adventure Card. You must then choose 1 Adventure Card on that space and discard it."

Am I reading this wrong, or does it look like, after you move him, you can choose to destroy him, as opposed to any Adventure Card he just moved onto? Reason being it says "You must then ," meaning after he's arrived.

Well, you pay, he goes away and blows himself up while sapping in the new space gran_risa.gif . But yeah, sounds like an option.

Canadianized said:

Sounds like a nice card gran_risa.gif

From what i read, the Goblin Sapper will stay in the game, even after you have discard a adventure card with him ( sap)

So, he will not destroy himself..

Now we have something to spend our gold on gran_risa.gif LOL

Velhart said:

Canadianized said:

From what i read, the Goblin Sapper will stay in the game, even after you have discard a adventure card with him ( sap)

Canadianized said:

Velhart said:

Canadianized said:

The Goblin Sapper is an adventure card, which is why I think he may destroy himself if you choose.

Oke, you have a point, but why should you do that? lengua.gif

He is only usefull, and you can spend some money..

Velhart said:

Say you're a Strength-based Character (Assassin, Warrior, Troll, Gladiator, Monk, etc...) and someone else is using the Sapper to destroy all the big Enemies that only you can kill. If you're getting annoyed by other Players using the Sapper, then you may choose to let him blow himself up.

The_Warlock said:

Say you're a Strength-based Character (Assassin, Warrior, Troll, Gladiator, Monk, etc...) and someone else is using the Sapper to destroy all the big Enemies that only you can kill. If you're getting annoyed by other Players using the Sapper, then you may choose to let him blow himself up.

I think you're starting to think like me Warlock cool.gif .

Scary thought, ain't it?

Dam said:

I think you're starting to think like me Warlock cool.gif .

Scary thought, ain't it?

Indeed. demonio.gif Unfortunately it doesn't make me smarter, just a little more wicked.

I still arrive second in every game of Talisman, no matter if I know every paragraph of the Rulebooks and have heard of every possible card combination. If I play recklessly without becoming a target for the others, still I will lose somehow.

I assume you won a certain rate of your 80+ games of Talisman this year. I played 20 and no win at all. Just about 10 incredibly wasted victories!

The_Warlock said:

Velhart said:

I think it's not really a problem.

A character who focus on strength can also win from big enemies that he draws from the deck.

And you need gold to pay the Sapper..

Soon, you will walk with a emty pocket..

The sapper comes in handy, against place cards or stranger cards, that you don't want to see on the board..( or to get rid of a enemy that you don't like..

The_Warlock said:

Indeed. demonio.gif Unfortunately it doesn't make me smarter, just a little more wicked.

I still arrive second in every game of Talisman, no matter if I know every paragraph of the Rulebooks and have heard of every possible card combination. If I play recklessly without becoming a target for the others, still I will lose somehow.

I assume you won a certain rate of your 80+ games of Talisman this year. I played 20 and no win at all. Just about 10 incredibly wasted victories!

I do alright, of course not as well as I would like (as in win every game). Wicked is good, but if you haven't added it as well, "ruthless" needs to go to your upgrade slots gran_risa.gif .

And I've "only" clocked in 66 games of Talisman this year.