What are the most famous places in The Old World..to players?

By Emirikol, in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

When I think of certain game worlds that I've been a player in, I think of ICONIC locations on maps and famous mentions:

* Forgotten Realms: Waterdeep City, Moonshae Isles

* Discworld: Ankh-Morpork

* Australia: Brisbane (wait, it's not a game world, but it's close and we did have some games set there)

* World of Greyhawk: City of Greyhawk, Scarlet Brotherhood, Iuz, Sea of Dust

* Lankhmar: Lankhmar city

etc.

What are the top 3 ICONIC map locations you think of (as a player) in the Old World of Warhammer?

jh

Bögenhafen, Marienburg and Middenheim

Did Marienburg even get any official attention in WFRP2?

jh

Emirikol said:

Did Marienburg even get any official attention in WFRP2?

jh

They published a lot of information in Black Industries website. I suppose you could find it somewhere in the web. It was full of interesting stuff to create adventures.

Castle Drachenfels, Mordheim, Mousillon, Drakenhof castle, Sylvania in general. Altdorf.

Um. In order from my head:

Altdorf, Nuln, ( Lothern not in the Old World, but as iconic cities go...), Middenheim, Marienburg, Praag

Marienburg, River Reik, Middenheim. In that order.

Middenheim, Middle Mountains, and the Reik (gateway to the wider world!)

Marienburg. This city has it all!

Nuln. Because I started my WFRP career there - maybe even Herr Oldenhaller stills remembers me happy.gif

Someone mentioned the River Reik. Yes, that's a good choice for 3rd place!

It's gotta be Nuln and the River Reik around Kemperbad and the forests there. A lot of the first stuff on WFRP is going on in this area.

Skavenblight is also place to remember as a scary place of legend...

If you don't no Oldenhaller, then what do you know?

And after all I think Jay owes us a session demo video gran_risa.gif

My perspective is a bit skewed, but for me it's Altdorf, More Altdorf, and lastly even more Altdorf! gran_risa.gif

If I were to shed my bias, for me the iconic places are Pritzstock village, Wittgenstein castle and the streets of Middenheim.

/M

Capitals of likely all the provinces, the Reik, PC's birthplace/ Hometown.

Other than that I'd say it would differ alot based on where the individual games is set.

I'd have to say Bogenhofen, The River Reik, and Middenheim, since those are the locations for the first 3 parts of The Enemy Within campaign. Aside from those, Altdorf due to it being the center of government, home of Colleges of Magic, and the Cult of Sigmar.

Armrek said:

It's gotta be Nuln and the River Reik around Kemperbad and the forests there. A lot of the first stuff on WFRP is going on in this area.

Skavenblight is also place to remember as a scary place of legend...

If you don't no Oldenhaller, then what do you know?

And after all I think Jay owes us a session demo video gran_risa.gif

Yep. Skavenblight would be nice. But there are not even modules for it, no? Its ashame, but symptomatical for the current reactionary state of the setting.

Ehm, modules? What? 2nd edition has the Children of the Horned Rat book for the skaven, which talks briefly about Skavenblight, if that's what you're asking,...

phobiandarkmoon said:

Ehm, modules? What? 2nd edition has the Children of the Horned Rat book for the skaven, which talks briefly about Skavenblight, if that's what you're asking,...

mentioning skavenblight in a sourcebook is not a module. horned rat has a module with escaped slaves included, but no adventure in skavenblight.

Middenheim, Nuln, Bogenhafen, Marienburg.

Both previous editions have published scenarios set in all four places I would imagine very few players have not visited at least one of those locations.

These locations are:

- a tavern;

- a coach;

- a dungeon.

egalor said:

These locations are:

- a tavern;

- a coach;

- a dungeon.

Good answer, but I'd put in Sewer.