Righteous Fury

By Laurence J Sinclair, in Rogue Trader Rules Questions

In Dark Heresy, a successful Righteous Fury resulted in an extra d10 being rolled and added to the damage.

In Rogue Trader, a successful Righteous Fury rolls adds a whole new damage roll on. I thought this strange at first, but then the example of RF given in the rulebook shows that a laspistol that benefitted from RF would add d10+2, not just d10.

How does this work with weapons that do multiple dice of damage? With an increased chance of getting further results of 10 on each die, the damage will go through the roof! Is RT really meant to be this much more lethal than DH?

Personally, I'd call that a mistake on FFGs behalf.

Considering this mainly benefits meltas and the like which have often been called too weak anyway, I think it's fine.

Aye, I'm happy with it like that too. Means that the weapons that would kill with a good shot definitely do now.

I will be playing it the DH way but that is because we have already increased the lethality of the system although even if we hadn't I would still prefer the DH way of doing it.

Kaihlik

Doesn't the original way seem a bit broken when used with things like Multi-meltas? There's a 45% chance of a multi-melta scoring a Righteous Fury; if you roll the full damage dice again, it gets a whole lot likelier that you'll keep rolling, and wind up with your multi-melta killing practically anything up to and including super-heavy vehicles and greater daemons in one hit.

nick012000 said:

Doesn't the original way seem a bit broken when used with things like Multi-meltas? There's a 45% chance of a multi-melta scoring a Righteous Fury; if you roll the full damage dice again, it gets a whole lot likelier that you'll keep rolling, and wind up with your multi-melta killing practically anything up to and including super-heavy vehicles and greater daemons in one hit.

**** it, no edit function.

Well, if stats for Greater Daemons or Super-Heavy Vehicles are ever published, anyway.

Well, considering a multi-melta is the heaviest anti-vehicle weapon that is remotely man-portable...