Another early hits question.

By MachineGod2, in Chaos in the Old World

From the FAQ:

If Plaguebearers are killed during a beginning of battle
effect (such as Khorne’s Blood Frenzy card), then for
each Plaguebearer killed during the beginning of battle
step, the Nurgle player assigns one hit to that opponent’s
figures before proceeding to the standard battle.....

Can the damage caused by the Plaguebearers in the early hits phase be stored for the main battle phase? (like the hits caused by Blood Frenzy)?

I made the previous early hits damage thread, and so far have had only one reply which seemed to agree with my thoughts. Your question seems to be related to mine.

I would think that this damage can be stored for later, but that if the hits end up not being enough to kill the target, then you lose them and don't get to go back and assign them to something else.

Would be nice to get an official ruling on this though. The timing of early hits combined with the ability to save up damage seems to only have been addressed in the ruling for Blood Frenzy, but not other effects. Do they all work the same way?

For my first game I think I'll treat all early hits the same way as Blood Frenzy. It seems the most logical thing to do.

An official answer for this?

Are the Plaguebearers(upgraded death) hits added to their normal hits or considered separate?

Throxx said:

Are the Plaguebearers(upgraded death) hits added to their normal hits or considered separate?

I think they always have to be considered as separate hits - even if triggered by Blood Frenzy.

The FAQ clearly states for this upgrade:

Hits are not “stored up” to combine hits with other players or effects .

BTW: Are Daemonettes immune to this ability, if they have own upgrade purchased?