Rules question : Heroes retreating

By brol2, in Battlelore

What happens when a Champion (Heroe acting alone) must retreat but is blocked by impassable terrains (not the border of the map but waterways hex for instance) ?

I did not find anything on this in the rules. Could someone give me a clue ?

Thanks

Since the Champion may retreat through enemy hexes (taking a casualty check each time), a Champion's retreat is never blocked. However, in the highly unlikely event that a Champion cannot end its movement on a friendly hex (being saturated by enemy units), I assume that she must take a casualty check for each space that she cannot retreat. But that is just a guess. I will defer to Mr. Borg for an official ruling.

I'm not Mr. Borg but I'm gonna go with a Casualty check - just the one though, as a Hero dictates how far they want to retreat (1-3 hexes) no matter the number of Flags rolled against them (at least that's how I read the rules :) ). Then again, if you really wanted to retreat further, I'd say one Casualty check per space...but then I have no idea why you'd do this sort of thing.

sirvolkar said:

...a Hero dictates how far they want to retreat (1-3 hexes) no matter the number of Flags rolled against them (at least that's how I read the rules :) ).

That's my understanding as well.

I am Borg, and I'm gonna go with a Casualty check, also!

Enjoy!

Richard Borg

OK, thank you very much for the answers !

Richard Borg said:

I am Borg, and I'm gonna go with a Casualty check, also!

Enjoy!

Richard Borg

What no "Resistance is Futile"? <G>