shadows agenda

By guest41990, in 2. AGoT Rules Discussion

I presumed with this agenda you could play any out of house shadows card out of shadows for its casting cost +1 gold. But as letsgoread pointed out, it mentions nothing about out of house gold penalty. Does that mean it actually costs +3 gold to play?

Sithlord Threadkiller said:

Does that mean it actually costs +3 gold to play?

No. Gold penalty applies only to playing cards during marshalling (and setup).

Sithlord Threadkiller said:

But as letsgoread pointed out, it mentions nothing about out of house gold penalty. Does that mean it actually costs +3 gold to play?

No. Bringing something out of Shadows is a "put into play" effect. You only have to pay OOH gold penalties when you "play" a card from your hand. That's right out of the rules. OOH gold penalties do not need to be factored in to bringing cards out of Shadows any more than they need to be factored in to a plot like Reinforcements or a character ability like KotS-Aeron Damphair.

Which way was LGR trying to say it, +3 or +1 to the cost?

So, if I'm playing martell with the Shadows agenda, and I put Gold Cloaks into the shadows, its 2 gold. Then when I want to bring it out of shadows it costs me 3 gold instead of 2?

Greyjoy Chris said:

So, if I'm playing martell with the Shadows agenda, and I put Gold Cloaks into the shadows, its 2 gold. Then when I want to bring it out of shadows it costs me 3 gold instead of 2?

Yep.

More to the point, it costs you 3 (the "non-s" part of the cost plus the 1 gold from the Agenda) to bring it out of Shadows, not 2 (the "non-s" part) or 5 (the "non-2" part, plus 1 gold from the Agenda, plus 2 for the OOH gold penalty) to bring it out of Shadows.