Lets Get Some Love In Here

By thejuan, in UFS General Discussion

I hardly ever post on these forums but I am usually lurking around reading threads. Most of what I have seen lately is just a bunch of hate and it makes me sick! I want to have a little koombiya session for once. If you love this game then get in here and express it. What are some of your favorite things about it and what keeps you playing?

For me, I'll admit to having hid behind the gray wall many times but I'm glad its finally gone. Nothing makes me happier than seeing an awesome 2nd turn kill, whether I'm dishing it out or on the recieving end of it! And what keeps me coming back is the awesome atmosphere of the players. A bunch of chill dudes and dudettes that wont blackjack you when your not looking to get a chance to win. Well, maybe most of them wouldnt haha.

Have to agree with your sentiment...playing in Block 3 was like being in an abusive relationship: Now that i'm out of it, i don't know how i lasted as long as i did, and i don't ever want to go back. NewFS rules, fo realz!!

What i love about this game is that i get to take my favorite characters from my favorite fighting games, and i get to design their own unique kung fu!! Seriously, it's like being in my favorite wuxia films and anime all in one: Chinese Hero, Storm Riders, the 4 Constables mixed with Street Fighter (well, soon again i hope), Fatal Fury (or King of Fighters for those who don't know), Soul Cal, Tekken...

Yea buddy...i love pitting my kung fu against my opponent's and seeing whose Fu is stronger! gran_risa.gif

And, of course, i love meeting new players/fans of this game...keeps it fresh!

I love the new UFS, but hands down what keeps me playing (and kept me playing in block 3) is the community. If people weren't as awesome as they are, i wouldn't travel to major tournaments ever, pretty much. I don't even go to these tournaments to compete anymore (well, obviously, I go to compete), but the main reason I go is to just meet new people or hang out with old people i know.

I <3 you guys.

Eithinis said:

I love the new UFS, but hands down what keeps me playing (and kept me playing in block 3) is the community. If people weren't as awesome as they are, i wouldn't travel to major tournaments ever, pretty much. I don't even go to these tournaments to compete anymore (well, obviously, I go to compete), but the main reason I go is to just meet new people or hang out with old people i know.

I <3 you guys.

you guys just love my doggy style

Eithinis said:

I <3 you guys.

Without your bushy beard and thin-rimmed glasses, I don't know who I'd be today...(super no homo)

As the community's already been said

The gameplay. While my current Life Sieggy and Fire Jaime Jata are jank, every match is gripping, and there's no telling how many turns either deck will take to win, just like a real fighting game! Both have turn 2'd one another, both have taken til turn 6+. It's riveting, and makes even the most novice of matches look like the most professional.

Also, with experimentation comes reward. While a lot of people are quick to say, "*character into Fire deck* you're now top tier", there are so many more combinations and options I guarantee few have thought of *coughAstarothcough*

I think I remember you, thejuan, from Worlds 2007.

You played Fireball Kohls, correct?

We played 1st round of swiss :)

Remember when I used M.I.A. to put all 3x Iori's Fireball into your momentum?

Fun times, sir.

Hope to see you again.

MarcoPulleaux said:

Also, with experimentation comes reward. While a lot of people are quick to say, "*character into Fire deck* you're now top tier", there are so many more combinations and options I guarantee few have thought of *coughAstarothcough*

Astaroth plays a foundation
Astaroth plays an attack
Astaroth Kulutues that attack into your face.
Astaroth wnis.

I hear committing a foundation to give an attack +5 damage is broken in this new format?

MarcoPulleaux said:

I hear committing a foundation to give an attack +5 damage is broken in this new format?

It is however very sexy.

Shaneth said:

I think I remember you, thejuan, from Worlds 2007.

You played Fireball Kohls, correct?

We played 1st round of swiss :)

Remember when I used M.I.A. to put all 3x Iori's Fireball into your momentum?

Fun times, sir.

Hope to see you again.

HAHA! Yes that was me, and yes that was funny as hell. I also remember getting beat in 2008 by that Akuma you threw together. My Athena just wasnt agro enough to keep ya down. I dunno if you played in this years but I tried to stay away from it due to my dislike of block 3. But yeah, hope to see you again soon and technically, I owe you 2! lol

MarcoPulleaux said:

Nahh its only broken when an asset can do it

Da_ghetto_gamer said:

MarcoPulleaux said:

Nahh its only broken when an asset can do it

KULUTUES IS AN ASSET OSHI