Emperor's tarot deck

By merashin, in Rogue Trader Rules Questions

My group may just be blind, but none of us can find out what the Emperor's Tarot deck does in the starting equipment of the navigator. I would have assumed it was just a charm, but i read somewhere on these forums that it actually does stuff. Any help would be nice, thank you.

They allow an Imperial Citizen to comune with the Emperor allowing He on Terra to make his wishes known and manifest to the common man through the various layouts that one might use. Though, it should be pointed out, that sich comunications are, unfortunatly, still open to interpritation and often times no two individuals will agree what exactly the Emperor is telling them and the members of the Ecclesearchy as well as a verity of igh ranking officials witin the Adapta will claim that such "readings" are not in any way indicitive of the Emperor's wises for only tose clossest to im may be privy to such insights.

Thanks, guess the statistical benefit i read about it on the forums was about something else.

merashin said:

Thanks, guess the statistical benefit i read about it on the forums was about something else.

Dark Heresy had a benefit from the character's reading during their occupational counseling by the ecclesiarchy, and ti gave some small mechanical benefits. It was less to do with the device (the deck), and more to do with game mechanics mimicking the hyper-superstitious nature of the setting.

Hello!

Are there any actual illustrations , condoned by GW, of the deck itself, BTW?

Thanks!

L

There's a better one that was posted on the Dark Heresy forums... you might find it if the search function likes you.

Cifer said:

There's a better one that was posted on the Dark Heresy forums... you might find it if the search function likes you.

Have to pray to the machine spirits for that to happen!

L

Thanks for posting the link to my DeviantArt page inquisitorminmi.deviantart.com/

You can find the complete list of cards and their meanings here nationaldinosaurmuseum.com.au/tarot

This deck was designed specifically for use with Dark heresy / Rogue trader after I played a psyker character during the game testing process and found that there was sometimes little for a psker to do. The result is a useful plot helper (or hinderer depending on the game).

Hope it helps.

Tiger's Heart

The second link does not work .