"Current Player"?

By Kushiel2, in Battlestar Galactica

Warning: Probably a really dumb question.

When bidding on skill checks, my group has always treated the person who caused the skill check to happen as the "current player" in terms of who begins bidding. It only occurred to me last night that we may have been doing this incorrectly in every game we've played.

If a player invokes a skill check as an action while being XO'd, does the bidding begin with the player to his left, or the player to the left of whoever's turn it actually is?

The current player is the player whose turn it currently is. It has no tie to who caused the skill check.

Kushiel said:

Warning: Probably a really dumb question.

When bidding on skill checks, my group has always treated the person who caused the skill check to happen as the "current player" in terms of who begins bidding. It only occurred to me last night that we may have been doing this incorrectly in every game we've played.

If a player invokes a skill check as an action while being XO'd, does the bidding begin with the player to his left, or the player to the left of whoever's turn it actually is?

The player to the left of whoever's turn it actually is. It helps to pass the little BSG button around so that you don't forget whose turn it is, which is easy to do when you're slinging Executive Orders around.

Sounds good. It's funny to me that no one has ever questioned this, in any of the groups I've played in (which is about six different groups). That definitely makes for a more interesting bidding dynamic during executive order actions.

Thanks.

Are you sure, because I've always played it the same as the OP?