Faction Icons before name?

By player673924, in CoC Rules Discussion

Hi,

What do the faction icons before the name of the card mean? For an example Card CS: F57 - Pulled Under has two Cthulhu faction icons directly before the name of the card, where you would usually find the dot to indicidate a unique card. After checking the rules and FAQ, I can not seem to find an explanation at all.

Thanks.

Andy.

i think you refer to the icons when you turn the card over to be a rescource, thats a transient one giving that many rescourses and then destroyed i think,

havent got my book handy but look up transient for sure happy.gif

darknight said:

i think you refer to the icons when you turn the card over to be a rescource, thats a transient one giving that many rescourses and then destroyed i think,

havent got my book handy but look up transient for sure happy.gif

Nope as resource icons are at the bottom of the card and transient is an > also on the bottom line for using as a resource.

What I'm refering to is at the top of the card (as you would hold it as part of your hand) and on the title there are 2 black Cthulhu icons before the name. i.e. "[C][C] Pulled Under" where [C] is a Cthulhu symbol.

Andy.

This means the card has the Steadfast characteristic: you have to have at least as many resource matches across all your domains as you have symbols before the name. So, with your card, you'd have to have at least two Cthulhu resources in any of your domains (doesn't have to be in the same domain, and you don't necessarily have to use them to pay for the card, they just have to be there).

What gets interesting is when you have a card from one faction with a steadfast symbol from another. For example the "Endless Interrogation" card in the Agency has a single Hastur symbol before the name .... one of the resources in your domain would have to be Hastur to play it ... so it implies a faction partnership. The CCG cards had some cool matches between the Agency and the Syndicate.

And it's definitely in the LCG rules - top left corner of page 12. Helps if you know what to look for, though, as it lacks an illustration.

Thanks guys, I totally missed it when I skimmed through the rules looking for what the symbols ment. I had not noticed the Hastur icon on 'Endless Interrogation', I'll have to remove that card from my mono agency deck.

Thanks.

Andy.

oops sorry, wrong end lol