What cards can ready cards?

By darklogos, in UFS General Discussion

In my continual hate of reversal pummels smash and stun I was wondering what cards can ready commited cards in the combat phase?

Well...in NewFS, the only card that i can think of is Tira's Terrain, and it's a static text that allows both players to ready, should an attack deal damage.

That's more then fair. I need something to deal with pummel smash crap.

darklogos said:

Torn Hero.

Does a fantastic Job dealing with Pommel Smash.

Antigoth said:

darklogos said:

Torn Hero.

Does a fantastic Job dealing with Pommel Smash.

I agree. My issue is dealing with it outside of life/earth decks. I'm also looking at future Sophita hate.

darklogos said:

I agree. My issue is dealing with it outside of life/earth decks. I'm also looking at future Sophita hate.

Not surprising you find reversal pommel strong. That said, there is a reason only certain symbols have access to counter commit. We will probably see more in the next set, especially as more commit or control might emerge as order gets legs.

My opinion, if you are worried about the future you need to wait for the future. I also think the best way to beat reversal pommel is to throw attacks that can't be blocked, or to throw one attack get reversaled and end your turn there. Still, the best way to beat reverse pommel is to 'not' rely on one or two cards in your staging area. A strong deck has other options to win and can captialize on an opponent who has extended/filled the card pool with a block and reversal.

You also have Death/Air's response in Perfect Sense of Balance.

Yun Seung might come with some readying cards/support, at the very least he can ready cards (if you are worried about future counters).

There are a lot of options, currently the only readying effect is the asset already mentioned.

- dut

Use discard! Make them discard a bunch of cards so they can't do it.

Well, to answer the question in a really ironic way...

Sophitia can. >>

dutpotd said:

Yun Seung might come with some readying cards/support, at the very least he can ready cards (if you are worried about future counters).

Yun Seong is also a promo.

All the decks I have are earth, Good, life.

Guess why.

dutpotd said:

darklogos said:

Not surprising you find reversal pommel strong. That said, there is a reason only certain symbols have access to counter commit. We will probably see more in the next set, especially as more commit or control might emerge as order gets legs.

My opinion, if you are worried about the future you need to wait for the future. I also think the best way to beat reversal pommel is to throw attacks that can't be blocked, or to throw one attack get reversaled and end your turn there. Still, the best way to beat reverse pommel is to 'not' rely on one or two cards in your staging area. A strong deck has other options to win and can captialize on an opponent who has extended/filled the card pool with a block and reversal.

You also have Death/Air's response in Perfect Sense of Balance.

There are a lot of options, currently the only readying effect is the asset already mentioned.

- dut

I'm a futurist to an extent. Foresight is a good thing to have. Also it is good to note trends and reactions as they come. Sophitia is guranteed to come. That part of the future is known. So it is wise to plan for what is known to come. Again these are philosophical differences. I knew about Torn hero and Perfect sense of balance since I run those. Look back and my main focus was trying to find something that readied cards. I'm aware of symbol balance and why it is in place. I'm not a noob but at that the same time I will admit I don't have every card in my head and sometimes looking for cards you don't know where to start at.

Homme Chapeau said:

Shaneth, I just now noticed your updated signature, lol!

Shaneth said:

Homme Chapeau said:

Yes, and isn't he also a PRE-RELEASE only?

Yeah but you only need one.

As opposed to another foundation.