medic!!!!!!

By The Thing In The Attic, in Tide of Iron

ok so i just got thebase set today. one of the german trucks is incomplete, i have a back but no engine or wheels. looks like a packing error.

i have played the breaking point scenario and already one of my american infantry men has snapped while trying to remove it from the base. i'm not happy with the quality of the moulding of the plastic bobbles at the base of the figures. i'ts a struggle to get them into the base holes and the legs bend when trying to force the issue. however this figure didnt break because i was twisting or bending the man, i was simply pulling at 90 degreees the figure from the figures base and the bobble snapped.

i really hope this isn't the norm!

are FFG going to allow us to buy spares?

i love the game so far but hate the way its a struggle to use the squads and bases

Medic!!!:

Contact FFG and I'll bet the house that they will replace any defective parts. They did for me. Also, take a look at some of the suggestions on this forum for making the infantry figures fit the bases better. This is a very fine representation of small unit combat in WWII and good fun to place. I hope you enjoy it!

Thanks, i've just emailed them. I'll let you know how i get on. well the games a big hit with my gaming group, even after only a couple of hours on the breaking point scenario. we didn,t have time to finish it but game night is friday so thats when we are really going to take the lid of this baby friday is d-day cuurrraheeee!!!!!!

I got my replacement figures last week, 1 geman truck and 3 american standard infantry. Aesome service!. And I also asked for, and got a replacement figure for the fury of dracula board game too. (when I opened my box, over a year ago now, I found I had two Van Helsing's and no Lord Godalming).

Thank you FFG

The Thing In The Attic said:

already one of my american infantry men has snapped while trying to remove it from the base. i'm not happy with the quality of the moulding of the plastic bobbles at the base of the figures. i'ts a struggle to get them into the base holes and the legs bend when trying to force the issue. however this figure didnt break because i was twisting or bending the man, i was simply pulling at 90 degreees the figure from the figures base and the bobble snapped.

Of course, pushing on the base, not the figure is the way to get the figures in. And straight out with a push from below, not pulling at a 90 degrees angle works well to get them out..

FFg replaced my Tiger that had no turret and gave me a free Matilda as a freebie. Top class service.

I had a similar problem with minis from another game, Starcraft, and they replaced the minis in no time at all. First class, i'd say.