Since you guys apparently can't just call FFG...

By MarcoPulleaux, in UFS General Discussion

...ima do it for ya =p

I called FFG, got Steve's extension, called it, got Steve. Yar! Couple of things to say, couple of things I'm not allowed to say, the usual when you deal with teh Horvath.

*DISCLAIMER: Because people have a raging knack for misquoting Horvath, take all words you are about to read as MY words, and not his*

When it comes to set distribution, they're going to try for a new set every 3rd month. They'd love to have 5 releases in a year, but naturally, that's all determined by the consumer's demand, and would pretty much require a growth in the game, on we assumedly do not have yet. Also, with 1 set per month, it should increase that set's demand.

When it comes to Legacy, the store can determine which prize support it gets. Apparently people who play Legacy are complaining that they're getting Legacy support versus getting NEWFS support, so it's a very "damned if I do damned if I don't" situation. Basically, if you want NEWFS support for playing Legacy, than that's what you can get, but you need to tell FFG that. As far as other support, nothing has been said quite yet, but it's been said once again that Legacy players will not get a champion character card or anything like that that NEWFS gets.

I asked about how the banning and errata process goes (with obvious intentions), and I was told the very obvious, "Every event I go to, I ask players their opinions, what they like, what they dislike, etc", and they play around with cards 'round the office, so yeah, it's a very "everything counts" process.

When it comes to spoiling cards, they're going to try for 2 cards each week up til the pre-release, but naturally, we'll just have to see how it all goes as James too is busy with other things.

When it comes to sets being "bigger", nothing was certain. There were gesticulations about the fact that there may be more cards, something like "maybe 18 more, definitely not 200 or anything like that", etc. Again, nothing certain.

I asked about future Fight Life kits, and he said he was happy that this one is doing as well as it is, and if it goes well, he said there's a chance there could be similar deals in the future.

As far as upcoming events, I was simply told that Store Championships would continue throughout 2010.

The biggest thing I asked about, prize distribution and potentially redistributing certain cards, I was made quite aware of the fear of being misquoted, and was asked not to discuss it online. It wasn't anything spoiling or super secret, rather, he wouldn't want to be misquoted (as he has been multiple times) and then have the players in a frenzy. Personally? I say just wait for the state of the game.

All in all, the point some of us have been trying to make is that if you call FFG, talk to somebody with a name, problems can indeed be addressed. When I asked him if he had time, all he squeezed out was "briefly", yet I managed to get all my questions answered in a friendly and honest answer, and was, as usual, even asked how I thought about the game. I told him how I had no playerbase, owned very few cards, yet still loved the game, still wanted to promote it, and still viewed it positively, even as the unthinking majority leans entirely towards Fire without thinking or trying to experiment with other interractions.

So, sorry if this wasn't too informative, as I wouldn't want to say anything that makes a good guy like Horvath look bad down the line, but nevertheless, hope this helps somebody, and if not, feel free to call yourself.

MarcoPulleaux said:

(snip)

lolcondescending post.

I don't think this was anything I didn't already know. That said, I am biased becuase I wasn't looking for an answer to anything. i.e. some of it might be new but since I wasn't looking I didn't notice it.

I think this is great for you to post this though Shinji, and that you are asking questions that you want answers to. I hope the rest of the forum takes your sharing this the same way, because at the end of the day we are a community and the more we share about the state of the game the better*

- dut

* there are obvious cases where this is not the case, non-disclosure, spoilers, etc. please take it as an 'in general' comment

dutpotd said:

I don't think this was anything I didn't already know. That said, I am biased becuase I wasn't looking for an answer to anything. i.e. some of it might be new but since I wasn't looking I didn't notice it.

Honestly, I didn't learn anything from this post. At all. Hence the "lolcondescending post" post. I don't know if it's because FFG can't discuss things that are unknown at this juncture, or because I'm just that jaded with this entire situation and community but yeah, learned nothing I didn't know.

Homme Chapeau said:

dutpotd said:

Honestly, I didn't learn anything from this post. At all. Hence the "lolcondescending post" post. I don't know if it's because FFG can't discuss things that are unknown at this juncture, or because I'm just that jaded with this entire situation and community but yeah, learned nothing I didn't know.

Yeah, is what I'm saying too - nothing new. But, the post itself is a nice refresher for people other than me maybe?

In any case, the thread title is condescending, I just didn't comment on it as such because I don't need to tell everyone a black car is black (i.e. I don't assume we are all colour blind).

- dut

But I'm ruthlessly absurd, not trying to be condescending =/

just more of an *******, if anything.

Once again, didn't want to say anything that might cause people to misquote Horvath later on, and now I'm in trouble because people got on his case for words misunderstood.

But like I said, the point remains you can get your questions answered if you work for it.

About people playing Legacy complaining about Legacy support...

They already have it.

Everybody wants new cards.

If some legacy players don't have the legacy support, ppl on auction sites and stuff sell them for dirt cheap because they don't think it's worth much.

Otherwise, yeah, they tell us what we already know and don't want to tell us what we wish.

MarcoPulleaux said:

But like I said, the point remains you can get your questions answered if you work for it.

Actually, I can't, because my questions CANNOT be answered, the answers are already known or they concern less FFG than other peeps. And by that I don't mean "FFG doesn't want to answer me!" more than it is questions that do not concern them.

Like, at all.