heroes firing cannons???

By Boromir, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

I can't find anywhere in the rulebook that powerdice are added if the heroes fire a canon. For the monsters a special note is added on page 26 that the monsters use their trait + cannons attack dice. Sounds unfair! did I miss something???

Hm, perhaps the adjustment is pre-tense relevant?

Can't help you until they post the rules online, dangit! ;)

-shnar

Boromir said:

I can't find anywhere in the rulebook that powerdice are added if the heroes fire a canon. For the monsters a special note is added on page 26 that the monsters use their trait + cannons attack dice. Sounds unfair! did I miss something???

Background: We played our first SoB session this past Monday, and there were many confusion points and misplays. This was one.

Even though this thread is a little old, I've been wracking my brain all afternoon on this one... have read many forums, FAQ and posts and came up with the below:

What I finally realized, after recalling that there were cards for the cannons, that the cannon card lists the type of attack (either ranged or magic depending on the cannon). As with any weapon, you would roll the corresponding trait dice.

As mentioned in the fact you also apply any skills or abilities pertinent to the corresponding trait. As for monsters, their corresponding trait allotment, based on their Primary/Secondary attack designation would apply.

For example, as noted in the rulebook: A beastman, who has melee printed as his attack type would get 4 black power dice for his melee trait; 2 black dice for ranged or 2 black for magic, being they are both secondary. If he were to use a coldsteel cannon, he would Roll a magic attack consisting of 1 white and 2 black power dice (and a red die if targeting a character).