Spanish speakers needed (Arkham related).

By Avi_dreader, in Arkham Horror Second Edition

Apparently there was a Spanish Arkham Horror league. It would be great if it could be translated and put on the Arkham Horror Wiki (which is where I found out about it in the first place). So, anyone care to tell me if it is as cool as it looks or if I'm just having the grass is always greener until it's translated into English syndrome?

http://www.edgeent.com/v2/edge_foros_temas.asp?efid=222&efcid=4

yikes, my spanish is rudimentary at best. I took a look at scenario 1, I'm not sure the following is exactly accureate, but here's what I make of it. Again, please forgive and correct if necessary, It's been a while. Also, I havne't found the Walter Gillman ally card yet.

AO: Yog Sototh.

Setup: As normal except all investigators start at The Witch House and there are no clues on the board to begin the game.

Investigators: Only the following investigators may be used: Vincent Lee, Joe Diamond, Mandy Thompson, Bob Jenkins, Kate Winthrop, Harvey Walters, Amanda Sharpe, Darell Simmons, Dexter Drake, Gloria Goldberg.

Walter Gillman: One investigator must take Walter Gillman as an Ally. He replaces one Unique Item or two common items for an investigator's starting equipment (?? sorry, this sentence is giving me trouble).

The Witch Keziah Mason:

Because of the Witch's plans, no investigators may seal gates at the Witch House or the Unvisited Isle during the game. In addition, all gates are considered to have an additional -1 penalty to close or seal (?? also not sure).

Strange Angles (?)

The Hound of Tindalos moves on all dimensional symbols during the mythos phase.

Winning the Game :

Investigators win the game if they have sealed 6 gates or have gate trophies equal to the number of investigators, +4.

To Seal a gate, an investigator must discard a Tome , as well as spending 5 clue tokens. They can also use an Elder Sign card as normal (you dont have to discard a tome in this case).

The game does not end if there are no open gates.

MOOOOOOOOOOORE!

Abdul Alhazred said:

Hi all.

You can obtain the official EON files of the ten scenarios in this link:

http://www.edgeent.com/v2/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=222&efcid=4&efidt=88247

Enjoy!

Greetings from Spain. gui%C3%B1o.gif

Ooo, that'll be useful when we get someone who can translate it. Can youuuu be our translator ::makes winkey faces:: ?

Avi_dreader said:

Abdul Alhazred said:

Hi all.

You can obtain the official EON files of the ten scenarios in this link:

http://www.edgeent.com/v2/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=222&efcid=4&efidt=88247

Enjoy!

Greetings from Spain. gui%C3%B1o.gif

Ooo, that'll be useful when we get someone who can translate it. Can youuuu be our translator ::makes winkey faces:: ?

Sorry, my english is very poor. preocupado.gif

my computer os wont run java6, which means no Strange Eons for me. apparently though, it's still spanish. Time to take a crack at scenario2!

Scenario 2: Strange Seduction

Ancient One: Yig

Setup : The setup follows the normal rules for the base game.

Investigators : Only the following Investigators may be used: Vincent Lee, Mandy Thompson, Joe Diamond, Bob Jenkins, Kate Winthrop, Harvey Walters, Amanda Sharpe, Darell Simmons, Dexter Drake, Gloria Goldberg.

Walter Gillman: One investigator must take Walter Gillman, he replaces one unique item or two common items (now I know this can't be right, it says something about clues too, This is the best I can make of it though). Walter GIllman may not be discarded or sacrificed.

Walter Gillman: +1 Focus, +1 Lore. When Yig Awakens, the investigator with Walter Gillman as an Ally is Devourered.

Strange Seduction

Cultists have a horror rating of -1 and a horror damage of 1 sanity. Cultists are Endless, however when a Cultist is defeated, instead of returning it to the monster cup, place it on the Unvisited Isle instead, and draw another Cultist and place it on the Unvisited Isle as well. If no cultists remain to be drawn, Yig awakens.

Cultists are never placed in the Outskirts. A cultist that would be placed in the Outskirts is placed on the Unvisited Isle instead. Choose a monster from the street or in a location in Arkham, place that monster in the Outskirts instead.

Every time a Cultist is placed on the Unvisited Isle, add a doom token to the doom track (???)

The information regarding Cultists here, replaces the normal abilities of Yig's Cultists in this scenario. ( ? )

If Yig awakens, his modifier is equal to the number of Cultists on the board, or -3, whichever is higher.

The Unvisited Isle

The Unvisited Isle can not be sealed.

Winning the Game

Investigators win the game if they fufill any of the normal conditions for winning a game of Arkham Horror.

Hey there, greetings from Argentina!

I have no problem translating all the spanish scenarios to english in EON format... but give me a couple of days please, as I've got tons of things to do tomorrow!!

I'll try to have them all up (where? is the Arkham Wiki alright?) by saturday night...

Weyoun said:

I have no problem translating all the spanish scenarios to english in EON format... but give me a couple of days please, as I've got tons of things to do tomorrow!!

I'll try to have them all up (where? is the Arkham Wiki alright?) by saturday night...

Yeah, that'd be awesome. And thanks awp832 for the teasers :'D

Yeesh... So far these first two league scenarios are waaaay tougher than the first two English league scenarios :'D I liiiike.

Weyoun said:

demonio.gif

Hi there... after typing like crazy I've finally translated all 10 scenarios from the spanish league into english. But as I was trying to upload them to the Arkham Wiki, I found out only image files can be uploaded. My intention was to upload the files in .EON format for anyone to edit, but that would imply uploading them somewhere else and then creating a link on the Arkham Wiki.

So just in case, I thought I'd ask first... are you allowed to create a link to an free hosting website (such as rapidshare or megaupload) in the Arkham Wiki? I wouldn't know where else to upload them, but the links would not last forever anyway, as I have no premium account... any ideas?

Weyoun said:

Hi there... after typing like crazy I've finally translated all 10 scenarios from the spanish league into english. But as I was trying to upload them to the Arkham Wiki, I found out only image files can be uploaded. My intention was to upload the files in .EON format for anyone to edit, but that would imply uploading them somewhere else and then creating a link on the Arkham Wiki.

So just in case, I thought I'd ask first... are you allowed to create a link to an free hosting website (such as rapidshare or megaupload) in the Arkham Wiki? I wouldn't know where else to upload them, but the links would not last forever anyway, as I have no premium account... any ideas?

You should repost this question as a New Topic titled Question About Arkham Wiki (or something of that sort). The sort of people who might know the answer to that may not be reading this thread.

I'm excited to see the results :'D