Several questions about the rules

By fafa2, in Warhammer Invasion Rules Questions

Hello all

English is not my language and it is the first time I play a game like this one.

Therefore maybe some "strange question" who are nevertheless mainly not specified.

One of the zone is burning:
Can I still take ressource tokens from the Kingdom if it is burning ?
Same question for card and quest zone ?

tactic cards:
I just need confirmation: Can be played during all the game even if it is not my turn, whenever "Actions may be taken by either player" is written!?

Support card:
Is it correct, that a support card can not attack (as I could hear in the video but no read in the rules of play book).
In my opinion "support card" can only be defender (adding the power icon on the card) and can not be destroyed !?
This type of card can only be destroyed if it is an attachement or by a specific card.
The power icon(s) on the card also count for the kingdom phase and quest phase.

Quest:
Do Quest card have to be put in the game and payed like unit cards ?
Once a unit is questing on a quest I have to follow the forced indication.
However, when do I stop to put resource token from the pull on it ?
After it has the max number of resource token needed to release the action ?

After an action from a quest card has been released, is the quest card to be put in the discard pile ?

Can I put a quest card in the Quest zone a send a unit on this quest in the same "capital phase" ?

Quetion 1:
Card number: 111
Type: support,neutral
Name: Contested Village

If I place it in the battelfield, I gain 1 power icon, in defence only ?
I can not attack with this card !?
It can't be destroyed by a normal ennemy unit's attack !?

Quetion 2:
Card number: 65
Type: unit, goblin
Name : Doom divers

"After your turn begins, each player must either sacrifice a development or deal 1 damage to each section of his capital"

Does that means that the two players remove 1 point from each of their 3 zones at each turn of the card's owner ?

Quetion 3:
Card number: 14
Type : support, dwarf
Name : Keystone Forge

--> "Kingdom.Forced: After your turn begins, heal 1 damage to your capital"

The capital = Kingdom + quest + Battlefield ?
So, does it mean that I can chose to heal 1 and only 1 damage from any section of my capital if this card is placed in my Kingdom ?

Quetion 4:
Card number : 117
Type: tatic, neutral
Name : Pilgrimage

"Action: Return one target unit to its owner's hand"
What is meant with " target unit" ? An ennemi card or a dead card from the discard pile ?

Quetion 5:

Card number : 57
Type : unit, goblin
Name : squig Herders

--> "Squig Herders gains 1 power icon while you control at least one damaged unit"

What does "damaged unit" mean ? A Unit who lost at least one hit point in the same battelfield and is still alive I guess ?

Quetion 6:

Card number: 116
Name: Warpstone excavation

-->"This units enter this zone corrupted"

If a unit is corrupted, then it can't attack or defend. Why would I play this card to block my units ?

I know it is quiet long, so thanks to anyone who will answer 1 of the questions.

Hello all...English is not my language and it is the first time I play a game like this one.

English is not my language too, but I'll try to help you anyway. Welcome. ;-)

Therefore maybe some "strange question" who are nevertheless mainly not specified.

Let's see!

One of the zone is burning:
Can I still take ressource tokens from the Kingdom if it is burning ?
Same question for card and quest zone ?

A burning token doesn't prevent you from doing anythin'. gui%C3%B1o.gif So, you're still going to take resources/draw cards/attack.

tactic cards:
I just need confirmation: Can be played during all the game even if it is not my turn, whenever "Actions may be taken by either player" is written!?

Yes. You can play an action whenever the timing structure allows you to do so.

Support card:
Is it correct, that a support card can not attack (as I could hear in the video but no read in the rules of play book).
In my opinion "support card" can only be defender (adding the power icon on the card) and can not be destroyed !?
This type of card can only be destroyed if it is an attachement or by a specific card.
The power icon(s) on the card also count for the kingdom phase and quest phase.

A Support card can be an "equipment", "weapon", "location", in the concpet. So, for its "in-animate" status, cannot attack or defend (just a narrative way to explain it ;-)). A support still counts for resources and cards.

A support is destroyed whenever a card allows you to do so.

Quest:
Do Quest card have to be put in the game and payed like unit cards ?
Once a unit is questing on a quest I have to follow the forced indication.
However, when do I stop to put resource token from the pull on it ?
After it has the max number of resource token needed to release the action ?

After an action from a quest card has been released, is the quest card to be put in the discard pile ?

Can I put a quest card in the Quest zone a send a unit on this quest in the same "capital phase" ?

A Quest Card can be played as well as Unit/Support cards, during the Capital Phase in which you're the Active Player.

If the Quest doesn't state otherwise, you don't stop collecting tokens. You stop to put tokens ONLY if the Quest says that you have to do it.

The FORCED effect is not an "action", properly. It's a "passive" effects that kicks in when conditions are met. So, the FORCED triggers on and on (turn after tunr, obviously), if not stated otherwise.

You can play a Quest and then send a Unit in the same turn.

Quetion 1:
Card number: 111
Type: support,neutral
Name: Contested Village

If I place it in the battelfield, I gain 1 power icon, in defence only ?
I can not attack with this card !?
It can't be destroyed by a normal ennemy unit's attack !?

No, as I said Before, you don't gain Power in order to Attack and defend. In the video, you hear the speaker say something like: "You can play a Support in the battlefield, even if there are no good reasons to do so..." This sentence is true until the effect of the Support involves the Battlefield, though.

And, in consequence, it cannot be destroyed by damage, cause a Support doesn't take damage at all.

Quetion 2:
Card number: 65
Name: Doom divers

"After your turn begins, each player must either sacrifice a development or deal 1 damage to each section of his capital"

Does that means that the two players remove 1 point from each of their 3 zones at each turn of the card's owner ?

This effect leads you to a choice: sacrifice a development OR deal 1 damage to each section (all of 'em).

Quetion 3:
Card number: 14
Type: support, dwarf
Name: Keystone Forge

> "Kingdom.Forced: After your turn begins, heal 1 damage to your capital"

The capital = Kingdom + quest + Battlefield ?
So, does it mean that I can chose to heal 1 and only 1 damage from any section of my capital if this card is placed in my Kingdom ?

Yes, correct. While it stays in the KZ, you can heal 1 damage from your Capital (KZ + QZ + BZ).

Quetion 4:
Card number: 117
Type: tatic, neutral
Name: Pilgrimage

"Action: Return one target unit to its owner's hand"
What is meant with " target unit" ? An ennemi card or a dead card from the discard pile ?

When you see the word TARGET, it means that the controller of the effect CHOOSES ONE card. The Word target SIMPLY implies a choice...

So, you can choose ANY Unit in play, in this case (if it were a "discard targeting" that'd be written). There's no restriction about the choice.

Quetion 5:

Card number: 57
Name: squig Herders

> "Squig Herders gains 1 power icon while you control at least one damaged unit"

What does "damaged unit" mean ? A Unit who lost at least one hit point in the same battelfield and is still alive I guess ?

No matter when the Unit took the damage. After combat, it may be that one or more of your units "take" damage but survive the combat, or simply take some damage from other card effects and have damage on it. That's a damaged unit.

Quetion 6:

Card number: 116
Name: Warpstone excavation

>"This units enter this zone corrupted"

If a unit is corrupted, then it can't attack or defend. Why would I play this card to block my units ?

There's an error here. Warpstone Excavation is a SUPPOR, with the Warpstone Trait, and reads: Your Units enters this zone corrupted.

It seems it's not worth the deal and maybe it doesn't...But here we have a "limitation" coming from the fact that you're getting a "POWER" to place in any of your zone FOR FREE, basically. One more card or One more resource at 0 COST and without any "limited" keyword impeding you to play other stuff.

Not bad for a starter set to make a slow deck work.

Then, maybe we'll see some "combos" with it in the future, who knows? gran_risa.gif

I know it is quiet long, so thanks to anyone who will answer 1 of the questions.

I answered all of 'em. I want a dinner. ;-)

Don't worry, man. :-)

Ask, if you need.

Hey

Thanks a lot for your time !

Now I'll be able to enjoy the game :)

You're Welcome. Feel free to ask.

As your answer so well, here your punishment: happy.gif

General questions

On a unit card with an "action" on it:

If resources token must be payed, I can play that action as many time as I want !?
If the sentence starts with "After this units enters play..." then the action happens only once (after it enters play) and that's all ?
If the sentence starts with "After your turn begins..." the action can be released at every of my turn's gegins !?

Corruption

A currupted unit can be attacked !?

Is it possible to move a card from a zone to another when not playing EMPIRE ?

Question 1:

Card number: 25
Type: tactic, dwarf
Name: Master rune of valaya (Spell rune)

> " Action : Cancel all damage assigned during the battlefield phase this turn"

So does it mean damages from both players ?

Question 2:

Card number: 102
Type : tactic, chaos
Name: Flames of Tzeentch (spell)

> " Action : Deal X damage to one target"

Does X correspond to the amount of tokrn ressources I play for that card ?

Question 3:

Card number: 101
Type: tactic, chaos
Name : Nurgle's Pestilence (Spell)

> "Action: Each unit in play takes 1 damage..."

Are all units meant ? So from both players in each zones !?

Question 4:

Card number: 105
Name: Slaanesh's domination

> " Action : Reveal up to three cards at random from one target opponent's hand. You may play any tactics thus revealed as though they were in your hand for no cost""

So I choose 3 cards from my opponent's hand to be revelead. Then if one of them is a tactic card I can play it.
However I have to play it right now I guess, if not never !?

Question 5:

Card number: 49
Type: tactic, Empire
Name: Judgment of verena

> " Action: Destroy all unit and supports in each zone with no developments"

Applied on both players or not ?

Question 6:

Card number : 32
Type: unit, Empire
Name: Thyrus Gorman (Hero)

> "Forced: After your turn ends, this unit takes 1 damage"

So basically (- 1) "Hit points" after each of my turns end. This unit can't survive more than 3 of my turns !?

Thanks to anyone who will reply !

Fafa said:

On a unit card with an "action" on it:

If resources token must be payed, I can play that action as many time as I want !?
If the sentence starts with "After this units enters play..." then the action happens only once (after it enters play) and that's all ?
If the sentence starts with "After your turn begins..." the action can be released at every of my turn's gegins !?

Yes

Yes

Yes

Fafa said:

Corruption

A currupted unit can be attacked !?

You don't attack against another Unit. You attack a zone. Defender can't declare a corrupted Unit as defender (nor can attacked declare one as attacker), but you can still target the unit via effects.

Not sure, too lazy to check gran_risa.gif . Don't think so.

Fafa said:

Question 1:

Card number: 25
Type: tactic, dwarf
Name: Master rune of valaya (Spell rune)

> " Action : Cancel all damage assigned during the battlefield phase this turn"

So does it mean damages from both players ?

Sure looks that way, doesn't it. If you got in over your head, good way to "take back" a mistake, keeping your Units alive.

Fafa said:

Question 2:

Card number: 102
Type : tactic, chaos
Name: Flames of Tzeentch (spell)

> " Action : Deal X damage to one target"

Does X correspond to the amount of tokrn ressources I play for that card ?

Yes

Fafa said:

Question 3:

Card number: 101
Name : Nurgle's Pestilence (Spell)

> "Action: Each unit in play takes 1 damage..."

Are all units meant ? So from both players in each zones !?

Yes

Fafa said:

Question 4:

Card number: 105
Name: Slaanesh's domination

> " Action : Reveal up to three cards at random from one target opponent's hand. You may play any tactics thus revealed as though they were in your hand for no cost""

So I choose 3 cards from my opponent's hand to be revelead. Then if one of them is a tactic card I can play it.
However I have to play it right now I guess, if not never !?

That's how I read it.

Fafa said:

Question 5:

Card number: 49
Type: tactic, Empire
Name: Judgment of verena

> " Action: Destroy all unit and supports in each zone with no developments"

Applied on both players or not ?

All players (in case multi-playering).

Fafa said:

Question 6:

Card number : 32

So basically (- 1) "Hit points" after each of my turns end. This unit can't survive more than 3 of my turns !?

Combo him with Archmage of Saphery (IIRC that's the name) that can heal 1 dmg per turn. Otherwise, yeah.

Dam answered correctly, so, no punishment :)

Just kiddin'...I'd add a couple of things.

the action can be released at every of my turn's gegins !?

Just to be precise (you have to, in order to fully understand mechanics), "release" is not a proper wording, here. When an action "takes place", it TRIGGERS.

No. There's nothing, right now, allowing you to do so.

Question 6:

Card number: 32

Another wording/mechanic issue. "-1 Hit Points" is pretty different from "Takes 1 damage". Some Dark Elves subtract hit points and even if in the end the result could be the same, it's not. :)

Bye.

Thanks a lot Dam & DB Cooper !