cards from ccg/to lcg

By Darknight4, in CoC General Discussion

ok it seemed really difficult to find out what cards are now legal in both formats,

i think from digging around and some comments on here that on the whole nobody seemed sure, it seemed like their was only about 10 that were banned for tournys, which i thought was strange, meaning all packs that came out would only have a few new cards in as stated.

now again im not sure but, i think this is right, you can use any card that has been reprinted in the lcg format, from the ccg, obviously border colour doesent matter if you use deck protectors with a picture back on them. or really dosent matter at all if you have a mixed deck as no one can see what card it is really.

so using that assumption at the moment their is not a great deal to choose from given the list i just got from stahleck.

im sure their should be many more to choose from.

this does not matter at all if like me i stopped playing tournys a while ago, dont like to have decks and play to win for the sake of it, i prefer to have decks i like and for example have 3 different cost 2 cards than 3 the same, and maybe 60 cards in a deck. ( oh by the way i know its not heard of but my 60 decks won 5 tournys in a row)

but im not going into the "you must have 50!" full stop row.

our coc playing now is me and my better half, we enjoy the game, and use all cards we want in our decks as its just us playing it does not matter.

the reason for the post is, could ffg possibly give us a deffinitive answer to what cards we can use legally in tournys, or am i right that its only cards that have been re printed in lcg format, but it would be great if we could find/ have/make a list of old ccg cards and list opposite them if available in lcg

thoughts?

Well, what is legal is pretty straight forward - the white border cards. It seems that CCG original black border versions of reprinted LCG cards were legal at the national tournament recently. That would be for a servitor to decide. Perhaps I'm missing the question. Recentky we were discussing what CCG cards would need to be banned / altered to mix the two formats in a more official capacity. That's just board member talk. But I wish it would lead to a player constructed agreed non-militant standard. There are other opinions out there on the matter.

well from what i have found black borders are legal too if they have also been printed with white borders, as really they should be, they are the same card,

but a good list as you say to would be more than welcome, i would be willing to help if someone would need it?

The few CCG version of core cards reprinted differently are not legal, I'd bet. A list of core cards, is that what you seek?

i have a list of around 60 0r so so far that are tourny legal, and personally i dont see the problem if the text /art is the same but hey.

as i say this is purely for interst, i may well play at stahleck, and i have card lists for that, for us we play ccg/lcg and it doesnt matter, legal or not, but it seems such a grey area over what you can really play depending on who you talk to

I haven't seen a Core to CCG equivalent back to Core card list. It would be a nice feature of the deck builder. But we'd have to parse what constitutes a changed card. Long ago, I wondered how the deck builder would deal with this question. But nyarlazorbec minet deftly reorganized the set organizer panel to fit LCG.

My favorite Core cards are the cool changes - F18 Torch the Joint!, F23 Clarney, F25 Anthro Advisor, F26 Visiting Author, F33 Celano Fragments (sic), F40 Unearthing the Ancients, F67 Triggerman, F121 Shub, F125 Forest Sister, F143 .45 Pistols

Hey

I know i'm a noob around here but in my point of view it's like this:

BB (black bordered) Cards with everything exactly the same, and by everything i mean faction, symbols, icons, costs, keywords, subtypes and text, eventhough is out of date, you just "adapt" it to the new rulings (i don't know if there are art only changes); These cards should be legal because they are exactly the same card as the White Bordered ones. I think that the FFG could release a list with these in order to improve organized play.

Just my 2 cents.

Ashma

thats my thoughts really, i dont see the probs with cards that are excactly the same bar the border, and i dont think there is a problem, but an oficial ruling on the matter of what you can use would really be good, i might contact ffg and see, so keep watching this space

darknight said:

thats my thoughts really, i dont see the probs with cards that are excactly the same bar the border, and i dont think there is a problem, but an oficial ruling on the matter of what you can use would really be good, i might contact ffg and see, so keep watching this space

If you do contact them please let us know of the answer as soon as possible :D

Cheers

F18 Torch the Joint! costs one less than the CCG.

F23 Clarney Blue. CCG Clarney MU

F25 Anthropology Advisor CCG has no CA icons.

F26 Visiting Author gains plus one skill.

F33 Celano Fragments is just a spelling error.

F40 Unearthing the Ancients is now Research, a possible difference with subtype.

F67 Triggerman - Illustration swap - Eric Wilkerson's original and Patrick McEvoy's lifted from the Agency Norman Kick it Upstairs Event

F121 Shub switches the two shubs, which is very excellent.

F125 Forest Sister gains one skill.

F143 .45 Pistols are now a weapon, subject to actions to that subtype.

I vote equal rights for all legacy cards out on Anares. Let the scientist Shevek come and see our technology. He may give to us his knowledge of simultenaety. Perhaps here above lie a possibility of beginning official FFG language toward an unsegregated life of black and white borders.

Pink Floyd, The Trial

Good morning, Worm your honor.
The crown will plainly show
The prisoner who now stands before you
Was caught red-handed showing feelings
Showing feelings of an almost human nature;
This will not do.
Call the schoolmaster!

Since, my friend, you have revealed your
Deepest fear,
I sentence you to be exposed before
Your peers.
Tear down the wall!

i have contacted them and now await a reply, ill let you know as soon as i do :)

johnny shoes said:

F18 Torch the Joint! costs one less than the CCG.

F23 Clarney Blue. CCG Clarney MU

F25 Anthropology Advisor CCG has no CA icons.

F26 Visiting Author gains plus one skill.

F33 Celano Fragments is just a spelling error.

F40 Unearthing the Ancients is now Research, a possible difference with subtype.

F67 Triggerman - Illustration swap - Eric Wilkerson's original and Patrick McEvoy's lifted from the Agency Norman Kick it Upstairs Event

F121 Shub switches the two shubs, which is very excellent.

F125 Forest Sister gains one skill.

F143 .45 Pistols are now a weapon, subject to actions to that subtype.

I vote equal rights for all legacy cards out on Anares. Let the scientist Shevek come and see our technology. He may give to us his knowledge of simultenaety. Perhaps here above lie a possibility of beginning official FFG language toward an unsegregated life of black and white borders.

Pink Floyd, The Trial

Good morning, Worm your honor.
The crown will plainly show
The prisoner who now stands before you
Was caught red-handed showing feelings
Showing feelings of an almost human nature;
This will not do.
Call the schoolmaster!

Since, my friend, you have revealed your
Deepest fear,
I sentence you to be exposed before
Your peers.
Tear down the wall!

First of all.... PINK FLOYD m/

Second, I agree that we should be allowed to use the old cards, but i think that with only 1 condition: Cards that keep their stats the same ( as i said previously~: text, cost, symbols, name, wording, subtypes etc. The differences in art is secondary i guess ;)

Personally, I very much prefer the previous art for Triggerman and would rather play the black-bordered version for that reason (despite having three of the white-bordered versions in my possession).