King w/ Earth

By Saikyun, in UFS Deck Building

I haven't had that much to do, so I'm making a couple of decks for fun. This one isn't tested at all or anything, just a funny idea (lots of throws with lots of cheap foundations which give free damage boosts).

The whole point of the deck is simply getting as many of Broodling, The Entertainer, Jaguar Mask, The Man Behind the Mask and Hungry for Battle as possible (and maybe a Fury of the North), and then simply play as many attacks as you can, preferably finishing with a Double Face Kick (for example by using Kings ability) and use Fury of the North for massive damage.

Torn Hero, Regreful Existence and Ka Technique feels like at least some protection. Regreful is great for some extra damage by sacrificing foundations tapped due to paying for attacks.

Critique and discussion is what I want, so bring it. :)

1x Character
1x King

20x Attacks
4x Konvict Kick - (4/3 4M3 Kick +1H)
2x Rolling Sobat - (5/2 4M4 Kick +2H)
4x Double Face Kick - (4/2 4H4 Throw Combo +2H)
4x Crushing Embrace of the Jotun- (5/3 3M5 Desperation: 4 Throw)
4x Flooded-Nile Throw - (4/3 1M4 Throw +3H)
2x Cobra Twist - (4/3 3M3 Throw Combo +2H)

3x Assets
3x Jaguar Mask - (3/5 +2M)

37x Foundations
4x The Man Behind the Mask - (0/5 +3M)
4x Brooding - (1/5 +3H)
4x Torn Hero - (1/5)
4x Ka Technique - (2/5 +3M)
3x Regretful Existence - (2/5 +3M)
4x The Entertainer - (2/5)
4x Strength of Ages - (2/5)
4x Hungry for Battle - (2/4)
2x Fury of the North - (3/5 +3M)
4x King of the Ring - (4/5 +3M)

you should take out a couple attacks. twenty is a lot.

I have to be honest, your attack line up is just a gimmick with some unsynergistic Shadowar nonsense. I can see you're trying to excercise your double face kicking, but Flinging half nelson is a far better attack, not to mention you dont have to waste space with mediocre kicks (at 2 control sobot is meh with a stun and I would never touch konvict kick). I'd play Cobra clutch +twist, Nelsons(x4), DDT(x2-3) and maybe close throw for the stun factor(x2-4).

Multiple throw is a cool idea, but it lacks the muscle and utility that Nelson and DDT have respectively.

This King needs moar PoTM!!

Sorry. Had to say it, since it's the automatic response when a King deck isn't packin' any.

But, for realz, while you don't necessarily NEED PoTMs, i would highly encourage you to revisit your attack line-up, as has been previously stated. In particular, you really don't need THAT many attacks, because King has some ridiculous card tutoring ability, and it isn't even a First F. Simply play out whatever attacks you have in hand, then King F and...BOOM! Play one Throw attack for FREE.

Ridiculous.

IMo your attack lineup should look something like this:

Close Throw (Stun 2 and it matches two of your symbols incase you get Path of hte Master)

Cobra Clutch (a high throw that gives your next attack Stun 1)

Konvict Kick (A cheap, decent attack that more or less forces your opponent to block it, lest it give your free throw more damage)

Hilt Impact (again matches two of your symbols, and has a nice Stun 2)

Also maybe try to find room for some more damage pump in Mexican Sensation, King of the Ring (crappy stats, but nifty if you can pull the abilities off), and Enemies now Friends. I can understand why folks won't like the later card, but if you just stick with two attacks (a Clutch and a Close Throw), your free throw is gonna get at minimum +4 damage (before any Broodings or what have you)

Just my two cents.

Thanks for your inputs. First of all, why can't I change the topic? It'd be rather convenient instead of having to post a new decklist all the time. Oh well.

I figured that Clutch didn't feel quite right, since I thought it felt worthwhile when using Master of the Ring, but I don't feel like using that one either, so I'll ditch both. I also added Bloodline Rebellion since most of my attacks are Tekken, and all of them are throws.

@magicmint: I guess that might be true. I haven't played King in particular, but I like it in Nightmare and Hilde (not the usual Hilde, but Hilde anyway). Maybe you don't need as many with King having his recursal and so on.

@Ninjazanus: ShadoWar nonsense...? I think both Flooded-Nile Throw and Crushing Embrace of the Jotun are quite good, but I had forgotten about Close Throw. I'll change Crushing Embrace for it, and Flooded-Nile works better with PotM than Twist, and it's one more damage, and I don't really like Twist that much (even though I haven't played it, maybe it's great).

@RockStar: Ah, I had forgotten about PotM as well. I don't own many myself (and I find them quite hard to get by), so I don't really think about them while building a deck. On a side note, is there anywhere I can see exactly what it does? I can't find a picture of it, and it's not on coolstuff nor on two-headed dragon... A friend of mine have it, but I won't meet him until sunday.

@B-Rad: I agree about Clutch and Close Throw, they're nice, but since I won't be playing Double Face Kick I don't really need kicks, then it's just better if all my attacks are throws (because throws are good and for Jaguar Mask and Strength of Ages).

1x Character
1x King

16x Attacks
4x Flinging Half Nelson - (5/2 2H4 Throw Combo +3M)
4x Flooded-Nile Throw - (4/3 1M4 Throw +3H)
4x Close Throw - (5/3 4M4 Throw Stun: 2)
4x Cobra Clutch - (5/3 3H4 Throw +2M)

7x Assets
3x Jaguar Mask - (3/5 +2M)
4x Path of the Master

37x Foundations
4x The Man Behind the Mask - (0/5 +3M)
4x Brooding - (1/5 +3H)
4x Torn Hero - (1/5)
4x Ka Technique - (2/5 +3M)
3x Regretful Existence - (2/5 +3M)
4x The Entertainer - (2/5)
4x Strength of Ages - (2/5)
4x Hungry for Battle - (2/4)
2x Fury of the North - (3/5 +3M)
4x Bloodline Rebellion - (3/5 +3H)

More opinions? =)

See the thing is with King, you don't wanna run a lot of throws imo, because if you draw into three of them, your ability is nye useless that turn.

Sorry, I'm not a huge fan of ShadoWar. And whats more, theres no need for little poke throws when King can grab anything he wants. Twist isnt a killer, but it does often prevent your own death. And with 2 sets of high throws its not a stretch to get 2 off in one turn. Also, with 2 sets of highs and 2 sets of Mid throws, the deck really begs to have DDT in it, especially with Mexican sensation making it so easy to have few cards in hand than your opponent, not to mention how much damage a 3 card combo would get from PoTM.

On a side note, I'm pretty sure its been ruled that Printed hand size and Hand size are different, which for the most part is the only way king can work, by which I mean the DDT Enhances.

@ B-rad: I disagree, in that putting out 3 throws at 5-5-6 diffuculty and then one for free, is a sweet deal and plenty necessesary because there are much faster decks floating around the meta.

@RockStar: Thanks a lot. :)

@B-rad: I don't really see how it would be that hard to play like 3x 5-diff attacks on a turn, and Flooded-Nile is 4 and Close Throw can be as little as 3, also, I feel that damage pump without speed is best with throws.

Hmm, but maybe running Mexican Sensation would be worth running? I mean, if you have too many throws on your hand you can just discard them and then use them or something.

@Ninjazanus: I don't think a 4-damage throw is a poke-throw, also he needs to play stuff from his hand as well. :) And there are plenty of other throws to pick up from the grave.

About hand sizes there's only the difference that printed hand size never changes, since it's the printed hand size. Hand size can become higher or lower, due to DDT for example. I'm rather sure that it says "number of cards in his/her hand" when it wants the number of cards in ones hand.

I don't really like the DDT, and I don't like running 8x 2-checks very much either... And I'm also quite sure the cards don't work the way you imply. But if they do, well, then it might be worth considering DDT, but for now I think these attacks will do. I prefer slightly cheaper attacks since I do have 12x foundations giving "free" damage, and then The Entertainer and Regretful Existence as well. Strength of Ages becomes a little bit better as well. :P But I guess with King I can play 2x throws, DDT and then pick something up... But then I'd have to commit my wonderful foundations to DDT. =(

I stand corrected. DDT is a mediocre side deck card. However, my opinion of Nelson remains: Its the most important damaging card in the deck. Twist is still good as well. So, attack line up - Cobra clutch / twist, close throw, Nelson X4 maybe Sandstorm throw x4 if you want to get heavy on attacks, (~16-20 attacks works for the deck, especially if they're cheap)

I agree, Half Nelson is a very good attack. I guess I could run Twist over Sandstorm because of bloodline rebellion. Doesn't matter that much I think.

Why is that a factor for bloodline Rebellion? You should always be calling throw. But personally, I think the utility and better block are worth the 1 damage.

I think he means for the damage and speed you can get from bloodline rebellion, 3 damage and 1 speed is pretty good

Oh yeah, Twist over Flooded Nile for sure then. Also, I have to make a quick comment about PotM: You can win without it, its really just a speed factor that's pretty hard to get right now. its a big staple card that works in any deck and will probably go the way of Olcadan sooner or later.

Ninjazanus said:

Oh yeah, Twist over Flooded Nile for sure then. Also, I have to make a quick comment about PotM: You can win without it, its really just a speed factor that's pretty hard to get right now. its a big staple card that works in any deck and will probably go the way of Olcadan sooner or later.

Yeah I agree with twist as well....does work with Rebellion and specially if you find yourself against kilik and dont want your attacks to become discard fodder

But i disagree with path going away anytime soon FFG is trying to get this game on the right track and banning cards would send the wrong message to players getting into the game

I dont think they will ban it, even though the last time there were "staple" cards in the game, they were the ones to get banned. I want them to ban it or make it easy to get, so that everyone has stupidly fast decks. Then after a while it'll be so over played, they'll ban it. All in good time. The game does need to get back up and running before any more bans happen.

Banning Path Of The Master doesn't send the wrong message to anybody, it's not like anyone can get it anyway. The card is cracked stupid and frankly without it the game overall becomes much more balanced.

Frankly I think both POTM and For The Money are absurd and need to go, but whatever...end thread hijack.

Ninjazanus said:

Multiple throw is a cool idea, but it lacks the muscle and utility that Nelson and DDT have respectively.

Can't King F on DDT. Nelson requires a High Throw (combos with itself, DFK and Cobra Clutch).

Some people don't like DFK - I absolutely love the card and it's synergy with Konvict Kick. In fact, I like it more than Nelson in King. Nelson is good, don't get me wrong, but King will find it hard to combo with it, much harder than with DFK.

But if you're planning on a non-DFK build, Nelson is good. A Earth/Void hybrid running both could be interesting, especially with Cervantes.

Homme Chapeau said:

Ninjazanus said:

Can't King F on DDT. Nelson requires a High Throw (combos with itself, DFK and Cobra Clutch).

Some people don't like DFK - I absolutely love the card and it's synergy with Konvict Kick. In fact, I like it more than Nelson in King. Nelson is good, don't get me wrong, but King will find it hard to combo with it, much harder than with DFK.

But if you're planning on a non-DFK build, Nelson is good. A Earth/Void hybrid running both could be interesting, especially with Cervantes.

Why would you want to run Void, and why Cervantes? I'm just curious.

VikramS said:

Banning Path Of The Master doesn't send the wrong message to anybody, it's not like anyone can get it anyway. The card is cracked stupid and frankly without it the game overall becomes much more balanced.

Anyone who wants PotM can get it. The Omni-Faq lists three easy places to pick it up.

I mean outside of douchewaffle, who's got them way over priced on ebay, usually you can pick them up for $10 a piece at most online.

I think I've even got an extra set still sitting in my trade binder, not going anywhere fast.

Saikyun said:

Why would you want to run Void, and why Cervantes? I'm just curious.

Cervantes stuff, I meant. Dread Pirate / That Other Foundation That Makes You Re-Check But I Keep Forgetting The Name Of alleviates the high price of playing 2s.

I dipped into Timujin support off good to recur combos, like nelson. Also, I find that having a purely throw attack base is the ultimate security, because everything hits so its only a matter of time before your opponent goes down. Konvict Kick is just so boring and mediocre, I dont see it as a real asset to a king deck.

Ninjazanus said:

I dipped into Timujin support off good to recur combos, like nelson. Also, I find that having a purely throw attack base is the ultimate security, because everything hits so its only a matter of time before your opponent goes down. Konvict Kick is just so boring and mediocre, I dont see it as a real asset to a king deck.

If you look on my second deck list you'll see that I only use throws. :] I couldn't find a way to change the topic.

Honestly, I prefer Sandstorm Throw to Flooded-Nile, but they're pretty interchangeable.

No Crushing Embrace of the Jotun?