Tekken 6, King of the Iron Dud tournament

By Awaken2, in UFS Off Topic

Game is a bust IMO sluggish controls and unresponsive movement, if feels like UFS did before rotation...slow and lame...i had such high hopes for it...being my 2nd fav franchise...iam saddened i will be asking for a refund

How do you play 2-player Scenario Campaign?

I might have missed the memo seeing as how I ******* hate the **** out of XBox and everything that it stands for, but doesn't owning 2 controllers generally mean you can play 2 player?

So why in the **** is it not allowing me to play with my roommate?

The way my friend is explaining it to me, it sounds like I need a 2nd XBox, a 2nd TV, and a 2nd copy of Tekken 6 in order to play with him.

...what the ****?

Awaken said:

Game is a bust IMO sluggish controls and unresponsive movement, if feels like UFS did before rotation...slow and lame...i had such high hopes for it...being my 2nd fav franchise...iam saddened i will be asking for a refund

Any Tekken ending with an Even number will suck. It's the law of the universe.

Waiting on Tekken 7 honestly.

Man I'm with you on that. I played through arcade and man it didn't unlock any ending. You have to go through that stupid campaign to unlock endings. I'm tempted to get a refund and take it back to gamestop.

anyone who got it for the PS3, doesn't like it, and wants to trade it for some UFS, let me know. ( I wanna try it, but I'm too **** cheap to rent it / buy it)

BTW - was there any UFS cards inserted in the game?

Antigoth said:

Huh?

In any case, I just beat the scenario campaign mode. Interesting. Not astoundingly great, but interesting. I've unlocked a ton of stuff already. It's the most fun I've had with this series (since the series as a whole sucks). Overall, I don't regret the purchase.

ROTBI said:

Antigoth said:

Huh?

In any case, I just beat the scenario campaign mode. Interesting. Not astoundingly great, but interesting. I've unlocked a ton of stuff already. It's the most fun I've had with this series (since the series as a whole sucks). Overall, I don't regret the purchase.

There were rumors of a UFS/Tekken cross promotion...

I see. No, my version of Tekken 6 for the PS3 came with zero UFS cards.

darklogos said:

Man I'm with you on that. I played through arcade and man it didn't unlock any ending. You have to go through that stupid campaign to unlock endings. I'm tempted to get a refund and take it back to gamestop.

Maybe playing other modes is fun and gets you interested in learning how to play?

MarcoPulleaux said:

darklogos said:

Maybe playing other modes is fun and gets you interested in learning how to play?

Maybe it's just not THAT great?

I hate Tekken's 1-5 DR.

I love Tekken 6. It's not slow at all. It feels balanced, and things feel smoother to me if anything. Plus the music is finally good in a Tekken game.

Now if Campaign didn't suck...no co-op until December I believe...but that's bonus...

The training mode was better...patchable I guess...

And the online wasn't complete crap.

i just dont get why namco has to put in those campaigns into all of their fighters but in the past you didnt have to play them and could ignore them altogether. I wont send my copy back because the actual gameplay is good and im sure they will fix the internet issue soon, but yea they really dropped the ball on this one.

DaiAndOh said:

I hate Tekken's 1-5 DR.

I love Tekken 6. It's not slow at all. It feels balanced, and things feel smoother to me if anything. Plus the music is finally good in a Tekken game.

You're dead to me. 5 (not DR) was **** fun. Then again if you hate VF you probably hate T5.

DaiAndOh said:

I hate Tekken's 1-5 DR.

I love Tekken 6. It's not slow at all. It feels balanced, and things feel smoother to me if anything.

I'd say it's the most balanced Tekken. Unlike past Tekkens, where you just pick your favorite Mishima and wreck face unrivaled, even the best Steve and Law players can be bested by good Eddy players.

I'm at that very, very unfortunate phase of learning how to play. All kinds of abbreviations (B!, WS) have me absolutely confused, and almost every combo is a massive 5+ combo that requires precise timing and activation.

It's gonna take a while, especially since I plan on getting good with more unorthodox characters such as Julia and Christie.

I've played and bought tekkens since tekken 3. Tekken 4 was utter crap. Tekken 5 was awesome. The main problem I have with Tekken 6 is the following. First is that the end boss is cheap like always and for some reason it makes unlocking character endings a chore instead of fun. Due to characters advancing very slowly and the endboss has crazy block abilities it makes fighting the end boss harder then he should be. I want my freaking story unlocks in aracde mode not stupid tekken forces bullcrap storyline. The biggest reason I'm not liking Tekken 6 is that the graphics have not improved. Look at the character faces they are well colored but lack skin textures. Tekken previously made whatever you saw in the end movies last game the visual standard for characters next game. That has not happened and I'm sadend by it.

ok in my previous post i said i wasnt going to return it because im a hardcore fan of tekken but i just lost my 27th match online. The online play needs to be fixed the lag is killer and no its not me thats the problem because i play fine on street fighter and blazblue. Has anyone seen anything on whether they going to fix it or what, the only thing ive heard was that they were gonna allow co op for the campaign..

Tekken 6 is awesome. Go **** yourselves.

I'm sitting next to two people playing at the same time too, and they're on ONE PS3.

OH **** SON!

IS STEVE FOX GONNA HAVE TO CHOKE A *****?

TripsEX said:

Tekken 6 is awesome. Go **** yourselves.

90% juggle rage lolz.

Hey, I can't find anything about this online, so if anyone knows for sure (not speculation) I'd appreciate it.

Will hair (more specifically hair base) ever in scenario campaign? If not, I'll feel a ton better spending my hard earned money on it than an item I could get from a drop.

they should release a PSN/Xbox live revamped (i.e. add online play) version of TTT....best game in the series hands down.

ROTBI said:

Hey, I can't find anything about this online, so if anyone knows for sure (not speculation) I'd appreciate it.

Will hair (more specifically hair base) ever in scenario campaign? If not, I'll feel a ton better spending my hard earned money on it than an item I could get from a drop.

All the scenario drops dont translate into the actual customization of your character anywhere besides scenario. And I dont believe hair drops in scenario.

The game money you earn is spent on customization for outside scenario mode.

That's what I was thinkin', Ben. The items that in scenario can be used to customize them look-wise outside of scenario, you just don't receive attributes from them.

LOL@online, learn to make friends guys.

MarcoPulleaux said:

LOL@online, learn to make friends guys.

And after you school them so bad they don't wanna play you anymore, what do you do?