Skavenblight delay to November...?

By keltheos, in Warhammer: Invasion The Card Game

Is Skavenblight acutally pushed back to November at this point?

If so, is the 'fall 2009' estimation for the Zealot realistic, or will that see a push back to 'first quarter 2010'?

We're rabidly awaiting more cards for this fun game and the delays make us sad pandas.

I'm anxiously awaiting my pre-ordered battle packs, and I'm still hoping they come this week.

But regardless of when the first battle pack is released, the next battle packs should be steadily coming out monthly from there, because they are all part of the same print run. So we just need to wait for the ball to get rolling, and then we should be able to count on steady releases for the next 6 months!

With AGoT they usually release the last week of the month. This does mean your specific store may not receive them until beginning of the next depending on their delivery schedule with their distributor. I've in the past walked into stores who had literally just recieved their shipment and their stocking day wasn't for a day or two. I made them crack open the box and give me my fresh cardboard. I will not be denied! babeo.gif

Well all along it sounded like the first Battlepack was due in early November. Hopefully it shows up somewhere soon!

I hope it shows up VERY soon. Moving to the northeastern Indy area has seriously curtailed my gaming, and since this is two players, I ordered it....and the Skavenblight Threat. So they're packaged together and I won't get the Core Set until the Threat's released.

I really hope it's soon.

Some website had the release date as Oct. 31...not sure if that's trustworthy or not, but it's at least tantalizing...

Uhm..i live in Italy and i ordered my copy of the game from CCG Armory. It already has The Skavenblight Threat on sale, so i tough it was already out.

If it's delayed they still didn't ship my order, or they did?

To view the page(can't link it here, don't know why) go to CCG Armory, click on the Core Set image and you should see The Skavenblight Threat on the right part of the page.

It's strange 'cause it said they accepted my order so i tough it was already shipped. What do you think?

Unfortunately, I think most retailers tend to hold off on shipment until all items in the order are accounted for....so if you ordered other stuff with your Skavenblight, you may be waiting. Sorry, brother.

I din't order any other things, just the Core Set + The Skavenblight. Do you think they already shipped it?

Margalus said:

I din't order any other things, just the Core Set + The Skavenblight. Do you think they already shipped it?

Skavenblight is, and has always been, listed as a pre-order on their site. Your order won't ship until it is in stock.... and who knows when that will be :)

Wow, I'd have avoided CCG Armory - they're known for crappy customer services (or half-hearted at best) and then doing exactly what you've just told us they did - listing stuff for sale that they don't even have on hand and won't for a while. :(

wampa8jedi said:

Margalus said:

Skavenblight is, and has always been, listed as a pre-order on their site. Your order won't ship until it is in stock.... and who knows when that will be :)

Didn't see that, hope i can cancel my order. How does it work in this cases? If you cancel an order you get your money back? I'll order it from IGUK if it's possible, and i'll wait the BP. Don't want to wait that much for the game preocupado.gif

Yeah, IGUK is the best! Mine arrived 2 days after ordering it. Plus, if you just get the core set you can just find out if you like it and buy Skavenblight when it's released. Probably december in the UK. Don't know if IGUK plans to continue you to support the game but I hope they do!

Another guy here ordered it and it arrived like 3 days after the order.

Someone who already cancelled the order from CCG Armory? If i can get my money back cancelling the order i'll make a new one on IGUK =)

Certainly should be able to get your money back! Here's hoping anyway. While you wait, you could check out my ramblings about this game, see the link in my signature. If you do decide to buy through IGUK you could always credit me with the sale... *hint hint* just click the pic on my W:I blog!

Yeah i was reading your blog some minutes ago =) .

Anyway i'll try to cancel my order now, let's see what happens.

Yes, IGUK are the very best! Great website, with customers' reviews, prompt delivery in a well packaged parcel, and second to none customer service. I've been emailing Steve at Iguk and it seems they will store all W:I expansions. (They also have all the expansions for the other 2 LCG's in store). happy.gif

echtalion said:

Yes, IGUK are the very best! Great website, with customers' reviews, prompt delivery in a well packaged parcel, and second to none customer service. I've been emailing Steve at Iguk and it seems they will store all W:I expansions. (They also have all the expansions for the other 2 LCG's in store). happy.gif

That's really nice, i'll order my BPs there =) !

keltheos said:

Is Skavenblight acutally pushed back to November at this point?

If so, is the 'fall 2009' estimation for the Zealot realistic, or will that see a push back to 'first quarter 2010'?

We're rabidly awaiting more cards for this fun game and the delays make us sad pandas.

Guess so, and maybe the "Compaion" pack with High Elves and Dark Elves will be delayed too. Hope the first pack will come out fast, because i think the other ones won't come before a month since the release of the last one.

I wouldn't call November a "pushed back" date for this expansion pack at all. It's been listing generically here at FFG's Upcoming section of the web-site as coming in Late Fall 2009 for a while and only recently (a few weeks ago) did they change it to November 2009. Not sure what the fuss is - doesn't look like it was pushed back to me. ::: shrugs :::

I think it is because both battlepacks were supposed to be "fall" and on a one a month release schedule means if the first doesnt come out til novemeber, the second cannot come out til winter. However I wasn't expecting to be able to get it until late november early december anyway.

Same, i'm just curious about the packs but i will have fun only with the Core Set anyway.

I just can't understand why they wrote articles to the third Battle Pack revealing some cards effects if we won't get the first one befor a month.

I think they got a little ahead of themselves... you know excited children get with new toys!

Duke_of_the_Blood_Keep said:

I think they got a little ahead of themselves... you know excited children get with new toys!

Lol i think i'm more excited than they are, so i hope to recieve my Core Set asap xD

Don't know if it's accurate, but Potomac has it listed on their site as a November 30'th release.

It's possible that it's just a filler date, though.

Now, if only we'd see some previews. <_<

PMAvers said:

Now, if only we'd see some previews. <_<

I'd also like to see some, but only of the cards they already "described" in the BP's articles, or they will spoiler too much..still waiting for it anyway ;)