My shot at Choas Omar

By Smazzurco, in UFS Deck Building

1x Omar

Characters - 8 (any 6diff char with chaos will do)
1x Padma
3x Algol
2x White Crane
1x Heihachi

Attacks - 19
4x 1st rite
4x 2nd rite
3x 3rd rite
4x Spinning Demon
4x Gut Drill

Foundations - 32
4x Need to Destroy
4x For the money
4x Intolerant of Failure
4x Maniacal Laughter
4x Mishima Family Bloodline
4x Mishima Zaibatsu Leader
3x Body of Souls
3x The Hunt is On
2x Controller of Souls

Sideboard is 4x Demon Slayer 2x Controller of Souls 2x ???
Body of Souls/Hunt/CoS in lesser number as they have no blocks. Deck is pretty balanced with high, low, and mid blocks.

8x Characters - Allow me to fish for ANYTHING. 6 checks are 6 checks. +0M are good. "nuff said.

Rites - Self explanatory. Only running 3 3rds because it is the one without a block, and i can easily fish it out of my discard pile.

Gut Drill - Is a mid attack so i can use it after 1st/2nd rite. MVP as a reversal, getting stun2, and possibly another stun or 2 from Maniacal Laughter. A common thing would be to commit a Need to Destroy to give a dmg pump off omar, then sac a need to destroy to maniacal to give it stun1, which gives me a ready blank foundation in its place

Spinning Demon - at 4 diff i can play it after a few other attacks, multiple 1, decent dmg when pumped with omar, and awesome ability of recuring a character, or baiting a low block so my rites can go thru.

Intolerant of Failure/For the Money - lolcombo is lol. With Omars recursion its just that much better.

Maniacal laughter - Helps me get some extra stun on a reversal. Can net me momentum in a pinch.

Mishima Family Bloodline - Block, draw 2 cards. Sounds good.

Zaibatsu Leader - Momentum control is good. More there to keep the opponents momentum under control.

Body of Souls - Recursion is good. Even if the momentum is not known (off of Maniacal or Zaibatsu) its an extra card in hand that i can pitch to Omar or Hunt.

The Hunt is On - This would be the card to go if one does, but it did save me a few times by replacing my Body of Souls in hand with a character block. Which allows me to draw off of Mishima Bloodline.

Controller of Souls - The 2nd ability is "ok", but of course it shines on stopping assets. PotM is unique, so 1 CoS in play is enough. Also PotM decks are (usually) slow enough to where i can either get one in hand or check one and recur it with omar. I could drop a hunt to main one more CoS...

I managed one first turn kill by playing the rites out against a 7HS and using omar on the 3rd rite to make it hit for 12.

Suggestions always appreciated. This deck definately surprised me...i threw it together like an hour before our local tourney and it was able to go undefeated.

I think it looks good. Granted with testing i think you can trim down the 4x's to help streamline a lil better

I think you def need Chasing After the Power though, as it can easily extend your ability to play out attacks

I see why you had questions about why I packed Kazuya. You don't use merciless fighter. I like your Rite progression and I think it looks good. I will think about your application a bit and use some tricks for my Omar deck. I will say I'm less stun focused then you are. Stun, I think, is going to get some hate here real soon.

darklogos said:

I see why you had questions about why I packed Kazuya. You don't use merciless fighter. I like your Rite progression and I think it looks good. I will think about your application a bit and use some tricks for my Omar deck. I will say I'm less stun focused then you are. Stun, I think, is going to get some hate here real soon.

The stun comes out on a gut drill, and if its your turn, i dont care if you have 2-3 torn hero's, if i get my stun2 + stun1 + stun1 gut drill off (plus my selective destruction with intolerant of failure) i can usually keep from dieing, and on my next turn my stuff all gets to ready.

Also a trick that one me one game was pumping 2 of my opponents attacks off omar, so i could turn my gut drill reversal to lethal.

I think i can maybe go down (or at least SB) a zaibatsu tradition and a need to destroy.

I'm not big on the rites. I see why they get play. I personally just can't bring myself to play them. Its more second rite then anything else.

this looks really similar to my build but im running financial and genius splashed in all i believe since i can get whatever i want back resources arent to big of a deal and it flows pretty well

Da_ghetto_gamer said:

this looks really similar to my build but im running financial and genius splashed in all i believe since i can get whatever i want back resources arent to big of a deal and it flows pretty well

With For the Money's (backed by intolerant of failure) genuis alchemist didnt really seem to fit, especially since it has no block. Financial Troubles may as well read "F: your opponent discards 1 card" and IMO with Omar there are better ways to draw that are selective, such as himself and Body of Souls.

Curious though as to what I am running that you are not, unless its just more 3x instead of 4x

Smazzurco said:

1x Omar

Attacks - 19
4x 1st rite
4x 2nd rite
3x 3rd rite

4x Gut Drill

Foundations - 32
4x Need to Destroy
4x For the money
4x Intolerant of Failure
4x Maniacal Laughter

3x The Hunt is On
2x Controller of Souls

[/quote ]

Everything listed here is not in my deck lol

For the Money + Intolerant of Failure wins games....troof

Chasing after Power (or whatever the Cervantes starter rare is called) is hawt sauce. Also if you want to chance a 2 check, why not replace the second Rite with Shadow Flare? You have more than enough control check oomph in Chaos, and it certainly hits for a crap ton more than the second rite.

but after 2nd rite i can follow up with 3rd rite multipled or gut drill for 6 base dmg in a pinch. And usually by that point im pumping with omar which makes my gut drill do 4 + 2(from 3rd) + 4 from omar = 10.

That and i own like 0 starter rares....lol

How can you not play the combo off a Shadow Flare? It's a high weapon.

I concur. Shadow Flare is highly underrated.

I think the concern is that he is trying to reduce the amount of foundations used to check for his attacks so instead he can use Omar's E.

B-Rad said:

How can you not play the combo off a Shadow Flare? It's a high weapon.

I mean the E on 2nd rite. "Your next 5 diff mid attack gets -2diff and +2dmg"

Gut drill as well as 3rd rite are 5diff mid attacks.

If i go 1st > shadow flare then my gut drill/3rd rite doesnt get +2dmg. And high blocks seem to be around more than low, and 2nd rite does not care if it is blocked or not (as far as the E)

An attack string (of course fueled by omar/Body of Souls) can be something like 1st rite, omar E, 2nd rite, Omar E, Spinning Demon, Mult1, omar E, omar E on mult, Gut Drill/3rd Rite

Its only 4 cards, and that last gut drill is hitting for 12. 3rd Rite would hit for even more...not to mention multiples if needed.

Momentum is gotten by early game 1st rites/Spinning Demons and Zaibatsus. I thought about SBing some Ascending Zephyrs in case i had opponents who didnt get momentum...

Up to you ;o) I just don't think the Second Rite is that good a card personally, and you don't need to throw three attacks out before chucking out your kill of the Third Rite. First Rite (with it's E) makes Shadow Flare a 4, and then kill with the 3rd rite (which subsequentally gets harder to block with Shadow Flare) so you'll have to roll an 8 (no problem in Chaos)

Thing that is great about Chaos is there are a lot of attack diversity. I don't run stun at all but I damage pump like crazy. I control check hax like crazy. This deck doesn't really do that. I think the strength of Omar is customizable offense. Most decks have to run X cards to be effective. Omar says "How do you want to beat them up boss. I'll build em up. You knock em down." I personally don't like the Rites. First Rite to me has been abused so bad its not funny. At the same time I recognize it is a great card. I just think Chaos doesn't benifit from it as much as fire. I think you need build for the character first and then when you set on the symbol you build on the strengths of the symbol. I don't think stun is a strength of Chaos. I can also see how the Rites are techy card for his meta.

Smazzurco said:

Da_ghetto_gamer said:

With For the Money's (backed by intolerant of failure) genuis alchemist didnt really seem to fit, especially since it has no block. Financial Troubles may as well read "F: your opponent discards 1 card" and IMO with Omar there are better ways to draw that are selective, such as himself and Body of Souls.

Curious though as to what I am running that you are not, unless its just more 3x instead of 4x

im not running the intolerants because i didnt think about how dumb that was with for the money but i think im going to put them in and yeah im only running 3 of alot of things

Yeah im finding financial to not be all i wanted it to be....i was finding that unless i drew a character i didnt want to discard to get anything back unless i knew i was going to kill and thought they would help but that didnt really happen

Im also running evil mist over gut drills due to the fact that i dont have them...evil mist is good though its stun 2 and omar usually gives its a pretty good damage pump

Da_ghetto_gamer said:

Smazzurco said:

Da_ghetto_gamer said:

im not running the intolerants because i didnt think about how dumb that was with for the money but i think im going to put them in and yeah im only running 3 of alot of things

Yeah im finding financial to not be all i wanted it to be....i was finding that unless i drew a character i didnt want to discard to get anything back unless i knew i was going to kill and thought they would help but that didnt really happen

Im also running evil mist over gut drills due to the fact that i dont have them...evil mist is good though its stun 2 and omar usually gives its a pretty good damage pump

On Omar's turn, evil mist is nearly as good as gut drill. But on the opponents turn, reversal gut drills with stun2 + stun1 + stun1 hitting for 7 dmg can be annoying

Liking the build - feel free to email me at [email protected] and we can swap idearz.

btw - i only run 14 attacks and still out-aggro "attack-heavy" decks, winning within the first 3 turns :D