Who can't find Hundred Years' War?

By biomage, in Battlelore

After about 30 minutes of searching and 4 phone calls, I was able to purchase 6 copies of the Hundred Years' War expansions. Sure, the big name online retailers may be sold out. However, some of the small brick and mortar outlets still have them in stock. You just have to look to find them.

Im just getting into the game and would like a copy. Could you possibly e-mail me the # or adress @ [email protected] ? Appreciate very much corazon.gif

rapatpamp said:

Im just getting into the game and would like a copy. Could you possibly e-mail me the # or adress @ [email protected] ? Appreciate very much corazon.gif

Sorry, I bought every copy I could find. However, I have not yet received them.

You bought every copy you could find? What sort of mark up are you putting on these things?

biomage said:

After about 30 minutes of searching and 4 phone calls, I was able to purchase 6 copies of the Hundred Years' War expansions. Sure, the big name online retailers may be sold out. However, some of the small brick and mortar outlets still have them in stock. You just have to look to find them.

Dude, what are you going to do with 6 copies of Hundred Years War? I assume you don't plan on playing with all of them. If you plan on selling them to forum members at retail plus shipping, kudos to you and put me on the list. On the other hand, if you plan on marking them up dramatically to capitalize on their scarcity (which you just helped create), that's just wrong. Let your conscience be your guide...

Marximus said:

Dude, what are you going to do with 6 copies of Hundred Years War?

Sell them, of course.

Marximus said:

If you plan on selling them to forum members at retail plus shipping, kudos to you and put me on the list.

You mean sell them to people that have spent more time complaining about the rarity of the expansion and imploring FFG for a reprint than actually looking for the expansion?

Marximus said:

On the other hand, if you plan on marking them up dramatically to capitalize on their scarcity (which you just helped create), that's just wrong.

I would like to have a copy of Axis & Allies: Anniversary Edition or Betrayal at House on the Hill, or the 1999 Hasbro version of Acquire or any of the expansions for the original Robo Rally. Unfortunately, no one is going to sell me any of the for anything near their retail price. That's not wrong, that's just capitalism. And they were scarce long before I bought these. Therefore, I plan on capitalizing on the Hundred Years' War and selling them for $99.99.

Actually, I really picked them up because I knew a lot of people on the board here and on BGG were looking for them. Unfortunately, I didn't even get some of them for retail and a couple required international shipping. Once they have arrived and I have calculated and average cost plus tax and shipping (around $41 I think), I plan on selling four copies with a modest markup of $2 or $3 to cover my time and effort. Finally, I will be keeping two copies for future trades.

Unfortunately, with such a high demand, I haven't decided on how to sell them. Any other suggestions?

biomage said:

Actually, I really picked them up because I knew a lot of people on the board here and on BGG were looking for them. Unfortunately, I didn't even get some of them for retail and a couple required international shipping. Once they have arrived and I have calculated and average cost plus tax and shipping (around $41 I think), I plan on selling four copies with a modest markup of $2 or $3 to cover my time and effort. Finally, I will be keeping two copies for future trades.

Nothing wrong with that and I refer to my earlier comment and give you "kudos." aplauso.gif Not so that you will sell one of the copies to me - actually, you inspired me to do some more thorough searching - but because I think your stated intent is reasonable. Capitalism if fine - hoarding and price gouging - not so much.

Sorry if I came across as overly judgmental. My apologies.

Marximus said:

Sorry if I came across as overly judgmental. My apologies.

Not at all. Apologies not necessary.

Check out the sites below. Both list 100 Years' War but I didn't order them because price including shipping was too high.

http://www.thegamestore.be/store/product_info.php?products_id=7499
http://www.mindgamesmelbourne.com/stock.php

Also, here's how I usually do it. I often try game stores without websites. Most places will still ship games if you request it. It does require a is a little more effort finding them, which is why they still have older games in stock. I suggest picking a city and searching for game stores. Get their phone number and give them a call. Most place will tell you that they don't have any Hundred Years' War expansion in stock, but they can order it from their distributor. Unfortunately, that is a mistake on their part. If it isn't in the store, it is highly unlikely that they will be able to get it.

I have been able to find pretty good things using this method. A couple of month ago, I got an Axis & Allies: Anniversary Edition ($89) and six circuits sets for Formula De ($10 each). It works for me. I hope it works for you. Good luck.

If anyone is still looking for Hundred Years' War, let me know.

"my forum name"[email protected]

I bought mine at a local game shop where I buy all my games. I only buy online as a last resort if I can't find a rare game, like space hulk. lengua.gif

I only need 2 or 3 more expansions and I have them all.

though I am looking to get 2 copies of some of the expansions.

You rule man . I just found your copies on E-bay and got 1 tyvm corazon.gif aplauso.gif cool.gif gran_risa.gif

If anyone is interested in Hundred Years' War, contact me directly. Don't buy it from me on eBay. Prices on eBay are inflated to cover listing, sale, and Paypal fees.

The Sundance Kid said:

I bought mine at a local game shop where I buy all my games. I only buy online as a last resort if I can't find a rare game, like space hulk. lengua.gif

I agree with the Sundance Kid and support my local gaming store whenever I can - shout out to the Green Dragon in Charlseton, SC. But, in this case, neither the Dragon nor any store within 100 miles (I guess that's still "local") has the Hundred Years War Expansion. On the other hand, the Dragon did have a copy of Space Hulk as of Sunday... gran_risa.gif

biomage said:

If anyone is interested in Hundred Years' War, contact me directly. Don't buy it from me on eBay. Prices on eBay are inflated to cover listing, sale, and Paypal fees.

Now I find out!, but I checked my e-bay purchase and I definitely got mine from you. Thanks. (And I didn't even mind paying the e-bay price, BTW.)

TechnoRube said:

Now I find out!, but I checked my e-bay purchase and I definitely got mine from you. Thanks. (And I didn't even mind paying the e-bay price, BTW.)

If it makes you feel better, I paid extra to have it shipped priority. You should have it by the weekend.

happy.gif

Same here , I figure you took the time to find them so a little extra pay isnt bad gran_risa.gif

Yeah, I bought one of your e-bay copies as well so oh well for paying more. I came to the game late and it was the expansion I couldn't find, so considering I have two copies of the core game that I got both for the combined total of $60-70 or so I can't complain too much. I enjoy the game and look forward to using this too.

Sorry, I was trying to help people on the forum. I waited, but only had one person from the contact me with an interest in the expansion. I sunk a lot of money into it trying to help out. After all the expenses involved, I only made about $5 on those I sold on eBay. Hardly worth my time. I won't be doing it again. I still have a couple left over from nonpaying bidders. If the bidders don't pay, I plan to keep them for my own collection. Others will just have to find them on their own. Ebay still has two listed for $75.

Sorry amigo I just realized I hadent payed yet sorpresa.gif Kids sick and everything goes out the window llorando.gif Problem solved sorry for the delay.

rapatpamp said:

...sorry for the delay.

No problem. I was kind of looking forward to getting stuck with an extra unit of halberdiers. Oh well.

I wish I would have seen this sooner. I just got my copy of Battlelore and would love to get this expansion.

Any more of the Hundred years war available?

I was so stupid to sell all my expansions incl. this one. Because I didn't had the right opponent to play this. Couldn't part wuth the base game. So stupid!! Now Heroes has got my interest back and a good opponent as well. Now I wished I hadn't sold the expansions. Wel I'm hunting them right now!!