Update on UFS Pro Tour Circuit!!!

By jasco games, in UFS General Discussion

Hello all,

I have been working hard to get the rest of the events ready for this year, and hopefully we will have the 2010-2011 season planned out by GenCon so we can announce it there.

As most of you know Vik, won our trial run in Ft. Meyers Florida. Congratulations Vik! Our next events have been mostly decided:

Rochester New York @ Millennium Games

Austin Texas @ Battle Forge Games

Atlanta Georgia @ under review

California, looking for city and venue

UK and Canada are still under review.

Venues and Cities are subject to change before the final date has been decided. I appreciate all of the help and interest the UFS community has givin throughout this tournament building process.

I hope to see you all at one of our events, and check the Orginized play site for updates!

Jason

So Rochester and Austin have their venues...

...but are those for 2010 or before then?

Two questions:

1) Did you get my suggestion of Gameology (Montclair, CA) as a possible California venue? I sent an email a while back.

2) What do you estimate is the average entry fee for a Pro Tour tournament?

ARMed_PIrate said:

Two questions:

1) Did you get my suggestion of Gameology (Montclair, CA) as a possible California venue? I sent an email a while back.

2) What do you estimate is the average entry fee for a Pro Tour tournament?

DO IT!!!

Austin's Pro Tour will most likely be Late April 2010 (As long as nothing horridly wrong happens.) This WILL be the only central event this year so, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Louisiana, Colorado?, all you states this is your chance, unless you are gonna go to one of the others :) .

I'm happy to be running the Rochester PTC stop. You should all see a date posted for the event by the end of the week. Also just want to say the SWINE FLU REALLY SUCKS.

it still exists?

huh

I did get your message for the Monticlair CA venue request. I have 3 possible locations and I will base it on most central and highest player base in the surrounding areas. What I will need from you is a Date, Location, and we can go from there.

As for you Shinji, all of these events are planned for 2010, before nationals.

jasco games said:

UK and Canada are still under review.

Wha? Us Canucks not cool enough? :P

i think he wants someone to contact him :P

whoa how on a sec Rochester? out all places why rochester when we all know kings games is the main home for any major tournament we have.

I think it's cause you were going on bout how UFS was dead in NYC or something Goo. Least that'd be my guess

Goo said:

whoa how on a sec Rochester? out all places why rochester when we all know kings games is the main home for any major tournament we have.

Id guess its cuz its a pretty central location. U can get ppl from here in Ontario, michigan, PA, maryland, ohio, you guys in NYC. Good sized venue. i mean i dont know who would be there but its a great location for a major tournament

Link said:

Goo said:

Id guess its cuz its a pretty central location. U can get ppl from here in Ontario, michigan, PA, maryland, ohio, you guys in NYC. Good sized venue. i mean i dont know who would be there but its a great location for a major tournament

Also they were the ones who contacted him i believe you cant just plan a tourney somewhere without having contact with someone who has some ties there

I shall start working on a canadian ptc.
Since we only get two... I'll have to contact my fellow scouts to see what works for everyone with regards to distance and timing etc.

FYI my usual contacts are Dutput; Antigoth; x Target; angry beard; and Dre (each the scout for their respective cities/towns). So information takes a little time for people to process the info and respond appropriately (getting general opinions etc).

If there are any other canadian scouts that are interested or would just like to keep in contact with the other canadian scouts send me a msg plz. or ask for my email.

I response to having the event in rochester NY....cheap hotels, free parking, and for many of you it will be the largest gaming store you will walk into. I have to run 250 Magic PTQ's in the store every 4-5 months. trust me I will make sure it is a enjoyable experience.

You bring the players... we'll bring the beatdown..

All Joking aside and banter aside... You can expect us to be there.

4-6 players depending on who can get time off work and stuff.

yeah it's dead for local tourney not major ones. but i guess i would'nt mind going up there for a tourney sure why not? i guess it was wrong for me to be selfish, let's see what happens.

Depending on when it is I'll be down with the Shwa crew.

I'll be there to...yep gotta get ready for that long trip lol.