few small question

By Simon_86, in Arkham Horror Second Edition

hi to all, I have few small question:

1) If I seal a gate using clue tokens I must remove a token from the ancient one path?

2) if I close or seal a gate, in the first turn I don't have to fight monsters, but if I success can I have an encounter in that place???

sorry for my bad english, I hope you understand me...

Thanks

Simone

hi, welcome to the game and the forum,

1, no, you only do that when using an eldar sign card

2, i think you can still have encounters there, but no gate can ever be opened there if you seal it, closing it means its just closed till one re-opens

oh sorry for your reference its on p 17 of the rule book, the picture happy.gif

If you seal a gate using clue tokens you do not remove a doom token from the doom track that is only for when you seal a gate using an elder sign. As for monsters on gates you don't have to encounter them the first turn you emerge from that gate so you have a chance to close the gate without evading or fighting the monster, but if you don't close or seal it that turn then you have to fight it the next turn before you get another chance to seal or close the gate. Also closing a gate is done during the Arkham encounters phase so you won't get an encounter after closing a gate.

Perfect! Now I understand all!

And there is a limit for the items that any investigatore can take?

no i dont think so, they must be strong :)

ha ha lol, havent got that expansion yet so didnt know about that one, funny i thought it though, ok so apart from that you can carry what you want without a bad back..

Other than a bad back or the Amnesia card (with spells), there is no limit to what you can carry. Of course, you can only have one "special" card at a time: Silver Twilight membership, Blessing, Retainer, etc.

It's funny to think that your back gives out if you carry more than two lucky cigarette cases and the "Geneology Report" task, but you can have a Tommygun, a Shotgun, and a Flame Thrower without any issues. Also, you apparently sling the Motorcycle over your shoulder when you use it, and Exhibit Items are weightless.

lol, not to mention posckets stuffed with clues (scribbled notes, specimen samples, half eaten hands and blasphemous residues).

Tibs said:

Other than a bad back or the Amnesia card (with spells), there is no limit to what you can carry. Of course, you can only have one "special" card at a time: Silver Twilight membership, Blessing, Retainer, etc.

It's funny to think that your back gives out if you carry more than two lucky cigarette cases and the "Geneology Report" task, but you can have a Tommygun, a Shotgun, and a Flame Thrower without any issues. Also, you apparently sling the Motorcycle over your shoulder when you use it, and Exhibit Items are weightless.

I think you mean one of EACH special card. No only have one special card. That indiciates that if you have a Lodge membership, you can't have a blessing...

When we know that you can be a member, have a blessing, a retainer, etc...

Right, my mistake! One of EACH. You can be a member of the Silver Twilight Lodge, the Sheldon Gang, and the Cult of the Thousand at the same time! Too many extra-curriculars, if you ask me.