Denialists

By TorogTarkdacil, in Dark Heresy

I´m in process of detailed re-reading of Creatures Anathema and in several entries I read about heretical group/cult/philoshopy of Denialist. They are almost exclusively listed as panic and riot spreadining bands feeding on strife created by other subjects and fall of Imperial society into anarchy (at least once, they are directly put side by side with apocalypse preaching Redemptionist).

Could anybody point me at more coherent piece of backround which describe them, or are they just a random mentions through the CA?

I suppose they're just an offhand mention. They seem to have been invented by Reason, who posts here from time to time, and also has his website: http://www.principiainfecta.com/ so why not ask him?

Other than that, I'd say they're an Imperial militant atheist group, or maybe people who deny Emperor's divinity. They could also be some Imperial Truth remnant faction: in an Imperium of a million worlds there had to remain some evidence of the Emperor's original plan. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

I'm of the opinion that the Denialists are a sect that denies the existence of the Empire itself. They see the God-Emperor, the High Lords of Terra, and much of Imperial history to be nothing more than a convenient myth the Lord Governors use to control the populace. After all, they say at heir rallies, "has anyone in your lifetime even seen Terra? Has anyone set out on that pilgrimage and returned?"

Attila-IV said:

"has anyone in your lifetime even seen Terra? Has anyone set out on that pilgrimage and returned?"

To which every sanctioned psyker and astropath can honestly say "yes".

Of course, you tend not to find sanctioned psykers or astropaths at denialist gatherings, unless they're part of the Inquisitorial or Arbites force breaking up said rallies.

N0-1_H3r3 said:

Attila-IV said:

"has anyone in your lifetime even seen Terra? Has anyone set out on that pilgrimage and returned?"

To which every sanctioned psyker and astropath can honestly say "yes".

Of course, you tend not to find sanctioned psykers or astropaths at denialist gatherings, unless they're part of the Inquisitorial or Arbites force breaking up said rallies.

Psh! They're just some of the worst casses of the Imperialist brainwashing propaganda!

Graver said:

Psh! They're just some of the worst casses of the Imperialist brainwashing propaganda!

And? They're also a significant asset to the cause of Imperial brainwashing propaganda. Nothing like telepathy for that real deep-clean brainwashing.

Attila-IV said:

I'm of the opinion that the Denialists are a sect that denies the existence of the Empire itself. They see the God-Emperor, the High Lords of Terra, and much of Imperial history to be nothing more than a convenient myth the Lord Governors use to control the populace. After all, they say at heir rallies, "has anyone in your lifetime even seen Terra? Has anyone set out on that pilgrimage and returned?"

Funny. That´s much like the Terra-Refusers I came up with in an old forum. Must have been a more obvious idea!

It slightly reminds me House of Dust and Ash introduction to Solomon, where there is written, one of the most common heresies is claiming, that Emperor, Holy Terra, miracles and all religious stuff is just Administrativum propaganda to keep the labourers working.

If this concept is true, I could well imagine full-scale war between Denialsts and Redemptionlists during times, when order and law is wrestled from Imperial authorities.

Idaan said:

They could also be some Imperial Truth remnant faction: in an Imperium of a million worlds there had to remain some evidence of the Emperor's original plan. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

Ooohh, nice. I think I might commandeer this idea for a game I'm planning to run in the near future. I have been wanting to pit my Acolytes against a rival (Radical, or even Heretical) Inquisitor, but I was having a hard time finding the right ideology to represent the opposition. This has tons of drama-potential! Thanks!!! gran_risa.gif