Tourney Support for FFG LCGs

By Carlos The Dwarf, in Warhammer: Invasion The Card Game

Hello - I'm new to LCGs. I was heavily involved in the Vs. System world for the last 6 years, but now that that's gone, I have extra gaming money again!

One thing I loved about Vs. was the tourney support (well, before it dried up). I have Vs. friends who like the game, but are waiting on announcements of Organized Play before jumping in to W:I. I saw in another thread that nothing has been announced yet. Do other FFG LCGs have organized play support? Is it thriving? Dying? Somewhere in between?

I really like this game and will likely buy 3x everything regardless, but it'd be great if there was a hope for OP to support the game.

What a suprise to see you here Carlos.

Perhaps we need a council to support organised play?

Carlos The Dwarf said:

Do other FFG LCGs have organized play support? Is it thriving? Dying? Somewhere in between?

if you have a thriving meta then you have a thriving OPscene. For the other LCGs FFG releases a "tournament kit" that has a bunch of different prizes that are game related, but do not create a must buy secondary market. The kit's are $15 each, change about every 4-6 months and include different types of items. Some of the items have been large Faction specific pins, small pins, faction specific counters, art prints, and binders. They also have a cool thing that they call 'storyline' leagues, where you win votes and you can vote on the future developement emphasis, specifc characters you would or would not want to see, and also which faction would get a future card.

but to answer your REAL question, VS player, or should I say, player-of-things-that-have-cash-money-in-them, is that no... W:I and FFG card games in general are primarily for people that enjoy the game, and not the money that you can win by playing the game.

Go play the newest game of the year that is thriving well enough and throwing tons of money in to OP and then dies a year later, like Battle Spirits, Epic, or Spoils. :)

(note: this post was heavily laden with sarcasm, but whose origins have a certain ring of truth to it)

Bungo_Underhill said:

What a suprise to see you here Carlos.

Perhaps we need a council to support organised play?

Bungo - Ha! Yes - let's do it. So far, the council is you and me. :)

Vermy - you mistake me for someone who ever played Vs. for money! I loved them promo cards + playmats, but I played tourneys for the comradery. I made a lot of great friends thorugh Vs. - just looking to do the same through this game.

Lars - Yes! That's what I'm looking for! The pins don't do much for me, but the voting and the faction counters and the binders...that's very cool.

What Lars lists is enough to get some of my other friends involved. They want the thrill of playing for prizes, no matter how big or small. (Heck, we've been playing Vs. for $1 a week, so we're not looking to make $ off this.) So now I guess we just wait for an announcement?