Systems that connect the Calixis Sector to the Expanse

By ECLIPSE1970, in Rogue Trader House Rules

I put my DH map and RT map together to see what systems linked the expanse to the Calixix sector. I got Dusk and Sentinel; I was wondering what did other Players and GM's think?

I concur with your findings.

Where do you find those clues.
I've read you can travel form the Drusus Marches to Port Wander but I can't find any tells on the actual maps.

Santiago said:

Where do you find those clues.
I've read you can travel form the Drusus Marches to Port Wander but I can't find any tells on the actual maps.

According to both the Rogue Trader rulebook and its brief entry in The Inquisitor's Handbook, Port Wander sits on or just beyond the very furthest edge of the Drusus Marches.

Personally, I don't see the Dusk connection - just because it's on the far edge of the less detailed map in the front and rear covers of the DH books don't necessarily suggest a link, particularly when you look at the more detailed sector map here , where Dusk is actually within the Malfian Subsector. On that larger map, the two closest systems to the edge of the Drusus Marches facing the Halo Stars are Vigil (a dead world covered in the ruins of an extinct xenos civilisation, according to the Calixis Sector guide here ) and Haddrack (a Death World), which seem like they'd be the easiest stopping points before entering the Warp to head for Port Wander.

As I thought..agreed

I was looking at the warp routes on the map.

What's the scale on the map supposed to be, in light years? I can't find it anywhere.

Maxim C. Gatling said:

What's the scale on the map supposed to be, in light years? I can't find it anywhere.

Seeings as an Imperial Sector has been stated to typically be a cube of space 200 light years to a side there's your base. Beyond that, no clue.

-=Brother Praetus=-

Brother Praetus said:

Maxim C. Gatling said:

Seeings as an Imperial Sector has been stated to typically be a cube of space 200 light years to a side there's your base. Beyond that, no clue.

-=Brother Praetus=-

Keeping in mind that the sectors don't always abut one another astrophysically, of course. There may be "wastelands" between official sector borders, especially in fringe areas along the edge of the Imperium.

My campaign is routing its RT ship out from Scintilla through the Drusus Marches by way of the Lathes and Spectoris, followed by a short stop at either 88 Tanstar or Pry before making the trip to Port Wander.

I allow travel from anywhere in the Drusus Marches to Port Wander. I made the assumption that each Navigator has "rutters" or Navis Prima to guide him for all the "common" areas. For the Koronus Expanse, they have a route mapped out to Footfall at a minimum - depending to a degree of the fluff and background of the Navigator, Rogue Trader and the Ship.

Travel within the Expanse is more difficult owing to the less explored nature of the sector, but PC Navigators can certainly map their own routes.