Reprinting of cards

By blades0fbl00d, in UFS General Discussion

For the sake of balance in the game, I'd just like to know which cards people think should be reprinted. Please say the card and your reasoning for it.

FOF099.jpg

Speed is a very big problem in this block and we have only one card that helps with that. A few more cards like this would help with the blocking difficulty we face.

HC080.jpg

The amount a cards a player can draw during a turn is rediculous. We need more than just Martial Arts Champion.

DKS072.jpg

There is a lot of nasty forms out there and no way to stop them. It would help to keep your opponent from getting a serious advantage.

i definately wouldnt mind any of those being reprinted. I dont really think any of them are absolutley necessary however.

I definately wouldnt mind american made for punch deck Steeve Fox/Paul Phoenix

No to all three. Especially Oral Dead. I'd be less adverse to Ling-Sheng-Su Style Rod, though.

I think american made should be reprinted. It would be perfect in this new block with characters such as Hilde and Sophitia. Speed is just a pain to deal with and this would make it a little easier for some characters to handle the ridiculous speed that some symbols can create.

Oral dead would help out a little bit because we need some kinda of negation that isn't over the top right now, and that is perfect.

Just a side note, but I would rather see Tough Outer Shell or Armored Defense reprinted than Ling-Sheng-Su Style Rod.

None of those need to be reprinted.

The Seong Mi-Na one would only truly be "cute", and maybe spam because of its block. I sincerely doubt in a momentum-dry game you'd even consider using 1 momentum for the chance at drawing a mere one card under certain circumstances.

Also, general rule of thumb: any foundation with a +1 block or +2 mid block is likely never going to be reprinted.

Oh boy, It wasn't my intnetion for you guys to pick the cards appart. I just wanted your guys opinions on card that should be reprinted. Those were just my three choices with American Made being the top. Maybe I should have used a better choice of wording.

=/

i apologize dood, didn't mean to make you feel bad.

But frankly, we've had enough reprint threads. Personally I feel like reprints are a bad idea simply because the game can only progress by moving forward as opposed to reviving the past, even if it isn't anything huge.

I do, however, appreciate such cards as Unnatural Grace and Communing with the Ancients that are "spiritual reprints", because some cards need some toning-down before they are reprinted.

Yeah, these three cards really don't belong in this format unfortunately, for reasons Shinji explained.

Reprint candidates really need to be chosen carefully - and left few in number.

Way to overpowered broke crap that ruined the game and you want it to return. I don't think any of them work. A lot of the adding cards to your hand are very conditional and you have to build your deck around it most time. Paul's stuff is an exception. I think that we need to leave the past alone and move on.

MarcoPulleaux said:

Also, general rule of thumb: any foundation with a +1 block or +2 mid block is likely never going to be reprinted.

We have a +2 Mid block foundation -_-

Sol Badguy said:

MarcoPulleaux said:

Determined sucks, lol

Sol Badguy said:

MarcoPulleaux said:

Yeah...and it will be one of very, very few, I promise you. Every foundation having a +3 block isn't just some recurring coincidence, and those few with +2 are very, very lucky, and, quite frankly, they tend to suck.

In the past block, almost every foundation had +1-+2, and well, the more of those we have, the closer we drift into the older game.

So, like I said, when collaborating a list of reprints, try not to take this too heavily into consideration.

I'm never really sure on the topic of reprints. I'd like to see some, as it gives a little bit of reward for having all these cards laying around and I don't have to buy as much to keep up after an OP dry spell, and it also keeps from having 9 different tweaked variants of the same god **** thing. But, I like new cards and the progression it gives, plus for Standard, those tweaked versions usually play out better, its only in Legacy play that it gets ridiculous when its a blatant reprint with different set data, name, and picture.

id rather see paid to protect be readily available (card of the month?) than reprint american made...

i recon made not born should be reprinted cause it was fairer then holding ground as it was one more difficulty, plus i am an astroth player lol -3 damage for the win

I am against reprints in general. The 5 that we have now are good choices overall (except maybe Cursed Blood, not to keen on that one but I can understand why it was reprinted). POTE I'm fine with also, I always thought it was a fair and properly costed card. Momentum generation is at a premium and it's a 2/4 with a +4M, so fine.

Beyond that....eh. It gets dicey. Franky even cards that I love and think should always be legal, like Armored Defense, are too good for the format right now. Hell even the one card that I want to see reprinted directly, Ken's Low Roundhouse, might be too good! And it's a simple attack that fits in with the format perfectly right now. So, I say FFG needs to tread carefully as well.

And on the specific cards, HELL NO to American Made and Oral Dead, both are FAR too good in every which way - numbers, resources, blocks, abilities, etc.

No Oral Dead. I am enjoying the UFS where very little negation is around. Like someone above, I'd rather see more Paid to Protects circulating instead of American Made. I didn't even know the other Seong Mina card was even a card.

I like reprints if there is a solid reason why they are being reprinted. Cards like Mark of the Beast and Close Throw I feel really happy with. Cards like Martial Arts Champion and Cursed Blood, I feel like they didn't need to come back due to the power level of control that those cards were on in the past.

Reprints are usually good in a game with rotation because it gives players a reason to dig cards out of their storage boxes with "useless" cards.

I like the 'spiritual reprints' term that Shinji used (at least I think it was him). Rehashing old cards into newer ones with more of a balance on them is a great idea to me. I like that idea too.

Why is everyone blowing up over American Made? It's Paid to Protect, with a situational other ability that gives a punch +1 damage. OMG GAME BREAKING! Seriously, yes it has a good block, but this format doesn't have very many great blocks, and I'm willing to wager that, with a decent chunk of games turning into grey wars already (at the SAS I had a bunch), this won't really degrade the game back into block 3.

Yeah, but it is unnecessary to reprint a card when there is already a card of similar effect in the current format.

Shaneth said:

Yeah, but it is unnecessary to reprint a card when there is already a card of similar effect in the current format.

I would argue that we dont need another card that reduces speed, and in some ways its better because its another spammable 1 diff for earth....something they dont need, and its comes down to your staging area after being played as a block....although it does promote blocking like FFG wants to happen....idk i still dont think its needed

Its

Shaneth said:

Yeah, but it may be necessary to reprint a card when the only card of similar effect in the current format is so scarce.

Fixed.

ooo vary funnee "rawt bee"

Remember we still haven't seen SC4 yet. Oooooh that new card was spoiled, the one that switches dmg and spd values.

American Made was broken? Its stats are fine according to this block's standards.

Paid to Protect isn't ONLY good because of its speed returning; it's also damage reduction that is basically -3 or more in most cases. Especially rewards spamming out foundations because that will leave only the attacks in hand, with the tasty keywords.

The E is no worse than a situational Brooding, which BTW is also a 1/5 foundations with a +3 block.

Ooh they share Earth. And since Earth cares so much about Punches, it will be able to abuse it further! OMG the horror.

I can't find my sarcasm off switch.

Shaneth said:

How is it unnecesary when American made has two symbols Paid to Protect deosnt. BTW Paid is way better then American Made in every way other then being a 1 diff as opposed to a 2