Card search website

By Rogue30, in Warhammer: Invasion The Card Game

Cool. aplauso.gif

I love that your AGoT card search page now has the "Waaagh!" link right up above it. Ditto on the "Our way is the older way." since AGoT is the older game.

How do you find the game Rogue30? Play much?

Didn't play yet (there is no demo deck), but I heard and read a lot - and it looks very interesting.

I will probably love it when High Elfs come out (the most pretty card template) AND official FAQ will exist. I find it very unprofessional that there is so many rules confusion and no official answer till now (correct me if I'm wrong).

Looks good. Hopefully it'll be kept updated! ^__^

Things like this are always handy.

Darthvegeta800 said:

Hopefully it'll be kept updated!

It will be updated much sooner if someone from US will be willing to send me images of new packs gui%C3%B1o.gif

I did one yet: johnny.kronberger-spiele.de

What underlying data technic are you using? Would be easier for both of us, if we just could use the same data.

I use Typo3 and builded an extension for it. Data is in one MySQL table.

There are only a few questions that can't be answered by directly applying the card and rule text. The ones which can't be figured from that are about 8 or so which a few of those can be figured out by comparing them to similar cards that use alternate wording. That leaves us with about 6 rules questions. Considering how different this game plays from mechanically to other CCGs and even the LCGs is pretty good.

Did you post in the wrong thread?

jogo said:

What underlying data technic are you using? Would be easier for both of us, if we just could use the same data.

I use Typo3 and builded an extension for it. Data is in one MySQL table.

I use MySQL too, but I have different vision of card search. Moreover, you (maybe it's Typo3 problem, I don't know it) have redundant data (e.g. type of card) which is problematic. This also means that we have far too different table structure, thus we can't use same data.

dormouse said:

That leaves us with about 6 rules questions.

It's still more than zero. I just don't like situation when people don't know how to play the game (it's no fun for me).

This was my first version of a card database and I dont really get why having the card type stored is a problem. If I would not save it, I would have problems dividing between support and tactic cards, because both could have no power and have some action text on them.

Ok, after rereading the whole topic, dormouse posts made sense to made. Sadly it was too late to edit.

jogo said:

This was my first version of a card database and I dont really get why having the card type stored is a problem. If I would not save it, I would have problems dividing between support and tactic cards, because both could have no power and have some action text on them.

I didn't say that you shouldn't store 'type' in DB.

Your table structure stores data with redundancy, which is bad, because it allows for mistakes like this:

Look for card A Glorious Death. Its type is 'ques z '. DB shouldn't allow to input such data.

Ok, I see, I have not implemented input control (which is implementable with Typo3) yet and I am not using dictionarys, because I am working at some kind of reg-exps for the filters.