RTL and OL power card

By oren2, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

my question is about the card: HORDES OF THINGS.

the card states that When you reveal a new area, place your choice of: 2 extra Beastmen, 2 extra Skeletons, or 2 extra Bane Spiders adjacent to any

other monster in the revealed area.

suppose i'm in the first dungeon and i decide to buy this card- when the heroes reach the second dungeon i activate the card ability?

oren said:

my question is about the card: HORDES OF THINGS.

the card states that When you reveal a new area, place your choice of: 2 extra Beastmen, 2 extra Skeletons, or 2 extra Bane Spiders adjacent to any

other monster in the revealed area.

suppose i'm in the first dungeon and i decide to buy this card- when the heroes reach the second dungeon i activate the card ability?

Yes, since dungeons in RtL are considered one Area. Unless you are doing a Rumor or Legendary dungeon level, in which those cases they have Areas.

This card is best to play in a Legendary Dungeon or Rumor dungeon, where the heroes are most likely to go down to the third (or fourth) level. Especially the Legendary one, since each level is it's own "area" AND the legendary ones have traditional areas too, so you get your most bang for the buck :)

-shnar