Teaming up on Hit & Run

By Santiago, in Rogue Trader Rules Questions

Would it be possible for 2 characters to perform one Hit and Run...

For example:
The Voidmaster pilots the Rogue Trader to the enemy ship and he directs the troops to cause damage?

So the Voidmaster makes the pilot check and the RT the command test...makes sense since their is always a team involved...
Okay if the Voidmaster fails miserably 2 characters are potentially done fore...

Santiago said:

Would it be possible for 2 characters to perform one Hit and Run...

For example:
The Voidmaster pilots the Rogue Trader to the enemy ship and he directs the troops to cause damage?

So the Voidmaster makes the pilot check and the RT the command test...makes sense since their is always a team involved...
Okay if the Voidmaster fails miserably 2 characters are potentially done fore...

I don't see why not, though personally, if several players wanted to get involved in one action like this, then I'd put a hold on the ship-to-ship combat and run the boarding action as a mini-encounter within it.

The way I'd run it, overall, is that any test can be made either by a PC or an NPC (using the crew ratings to determine chances of success); so you could have your Void-Master piloting the shuttle, while an NPC officer commands the boarding troops, or you could do it the other way around (NPC pilot, PC commanding the troops), or even just leave it to the NPCs entirely.