Recharging of cards

By pumpkin, in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

Do you think that cards recharge at different "rates" depending on when the action is being used?

If the game is progressing in encounter mode then a recharge is removed every round, right?

If a spell or similar power is used in story mode though, do you think the removal of recharge tokens is handled using a different mechanic?

Looking specifically at the Omen card, the recharge tokens are integral to the cards effect, so it's not like recharging of this spell can be ignored in story mode... do we have to swtich to encounter mode as soon as the spell is cast perhaps?

I would think so. A more powerful card should take longer to recharge.

jh

pumpkin said:

Do you think that cards recharge at different "rates" depending on when the action is being used?

If the game is progressing in encounter mode then a recharge is removed every round, right?

If a spell or similar power is used in story mode though, do you think the removal of recharge tokens is handled using a different mechanic?

Looking specifically at the Omen card, the recharge tokens are integral to the cards effect, so it's not like recharging of this spell can be ignored in story mode... do we have to swtich to encounter mode as soon as the spell is cast perhaps?

depends what the are using it for....i let my players use some things out of combat or encounter mode

I realise different cards will have different re-charge values and therefore will take different amount of time to recharge, but i wondered how the recharging works out of encounter mode.

Having re-read the omen card though, i think the key could be in its "ongoing" trait. I think this could mean that you don't remove recharge tokens each round (becuase the effect is ongoing); you only remove a recharge token when you wish to use the benefit of the Omen, so the omen stays in effect until you use all its recharge toekns up, but adding fortune dice to your various rolls.

The way this system is beginning to fit together is really quite exciting

pumpkin said:

I realise different cards will have different re-charge values and therefore will take different amount of time to recharge, but i wondered how the recharging works out of encounter mode.

Having re-read the omen card though, i think the key could be in its "ongoing" trait. I think this could mean that you don't remove recharge tokens each round (becuase the effect is ongoing); you only remove a recharge token when you wish to use the benefit of the Omen, so the omen stays in effect until you use all its recharge toekns up, but adding fortune dice to your various rolls.

The way this system is beginning to fit together is really quite exciting

out of combat....no recharge i would say...but thats just me

Then again, there was a mention in a diary about Social Encounters, that use Fel for initiative... which has never been elaborated on by FFG.

dvang said:

Then again, there was a mention in a diary about Social Encounters, that use Fel for initiative... which has never been elaborated on by FFG.

yeah...that would be nice....tho i bet we are gana have to wait tell we can read the books...lol