Skull Shield vs Dragon

By Templarion2, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

We are playing Road to Legend campaing and it is going nicely.

I just figured out that Dragon can attack without a Breath template. Skull Shield provides +5 vs Breath. If a dragon attacks without a Breath template does Skull Shield still provide +5 extra protection?

PS. Some monsters from "Tomb of Ice"-expansion have Blast 1-ability. Can they attack also without using Blast ability? Skull Shield gives +5 against Blast, too.

Templarion said:

I just figured out that Dragon can attack without a Breath template. Skull Shield provides +5 vs Breath. If a dragon attacks without a Breath template does Skull Shield still provide +5 extra protection?

PS. Some monsters from "Tomb of Ice"-expansion have Blast 1-ability. Can they attack also without using Blast ability? Skull Shield gives +5 against Blast, too.

No.

The bonus is specific to Breath/Blast attacks. If the attack is not using Breath/Blast then the bonus is not available.

Yes, the blasters from ToI (and blasting Sorcerers in RtL if that upgrade has been purchased) are no longer required to use Blast (as per FAQ entry, don't have page at hand).

Corbon said:

Templarion said:

No.

The bonus is specific to Breath/Blast attacks. If the attack is not using Breath/Blast then the bonus is not available.

Yes, the blasters from ToI (and blasting Sorcerers in RtL if that upgrade has been purchased) are no longer required to use Blast (as per FAQ entry, don't have page at hand).

FAQ pg1
Blast and Breath
These abilities are not mandatory. If not used, the attack is treated as a normal ranged or magical attack.