Little Box of Monsters

By Marximus, in Arkham Horror Second Edition

How do you handle the monster cup? I initially used an "opaque containter" as suggested in the rules and then switched to a drawstring bag from another game (either Carcassonne or Alhambra). I had some time on my hands today (wife/kids with Nana) and put together a "Little Box of Monsters." I made it out of foam board and pasted Arkham pics on the sides. The tops seals tight and the inside is lined with felt so I can shake 'em up. I posted three pictures of the monster box below (links to photobucket). Is this excessive (evidence of gamer OCD)?

I'm interested to hear/see what other players use for the monster cup.

TopDown.jpg

OpenBox.jpg

MonsterBox.jpg

I love it!

We just use a small brown-paper bag. The bag works well for shaking things up well before making a draw.

I use a very awesome, double-fabric, custom dice bag made by Marsbarn (over on marsbarn.etsy.com ). Cost $15. Pictures on BGG:

www.boardgamegeek.com/image/510262 : Yellow Sign was given as a JPG. Sewed on in felt. Had to tweak to the side to fit...but I feel it looks a bit more crazy that way, as if spray-canned onto the side of some building.

www.boardgamegeek.com/image/510264 : Every monster chit from every expansion, including Spawn monsters. Only half full: plenty of space for more.

Folds flat right on top of the Innsmouth board for storage.

jgt7771 said:

I use a very awesome, double-fabric, custom dice bag made by Marsbarn (over on marsbarn.etsy.com ). Cost $15. Pictures on BGG:

Can you get the Marsbarn bags in gaming stores or are they just available online? I play D&D as well and was thinking about buying one of their dicebags but prefer to handle it before buying. They look great and I just did a quick google search and found one with an eldar sign:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=28223504

Marximus said:

Can you get the Marsbarn bags in gaming stores or are they just available online? I play D&D as well and was thinking about buying one of their dicebags but prefer to handle it before buying.

Only online from her website, as far as I know. (She makes them herself.) I bought a second bag from her for my polyhedrons as well. As for your preferences, I can only say I am COMPLETELY satisfied with both bags. Trust her feedback. If you want one, you will NOT be disappointed.

That is an awesome box. I wish I had one. To answer the question, I just use a Crown Royale drawstring bag.

Awwww, it's so cuuuute, can I adopt it?

Currently I use a green Barnes and Nobles bag.

marximus, that box is way cool, excellent job, shal i pm you my address to send the one youre making for me :)lol, im just using a bag at the moment but not too happy with it, i want a good cloth one i think or a box ;)

Girathon said:

That is an awesome box. I wish I had one. To answer the question, I just use a Crown Royale drawstring bag.

Same here. I really like the deep purple, too. Unfortunately, the drawstring has come out and then the cat ate it because he is an ass.

I use a black plastic witches cauldron that I got at BigLots for $1.50. I really dig the Monster Box though and I think I'm going to try and make one for myself. Looks Awesome!

Crown royal is the best ~ 25 years of gaming and counting. Maybe with the gold lettering, I could just add the King in Yellow symbol . . .

I just use the King in Yellow box to hold all my monsters, it easily fits the monsters from every expansion, and I use the black goat of the woods box to separate out all the mask and spawn monsters. Not nearly as creative as any of the custom ones, but it's a quick fix.