Resources I made for my campaign

By Squirrelsan, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

Hi, I'm new to the forums but I've been running an EotE campaign for some time and thought some people might find a use for some of the resources I've made so far.

My party and I all loved KoToR so by mutual consent they started with a Dynamic instead of a YT or other options. Unfortunately I quickly came to realise that a ship designed for a computer game wasn't 100% thought through and lacked key features for living in such as a Refresher and a Galley . So I photoshopped the key (and removed a few chairs) on the floor plan that's floating around to swap out some less useful compartments for those I felt were needed for a realistic ship the party could live on. Whilst I was at it I repainted it so that it didn't look so much like the Ebon Hawk:

Annual_Pigeon.jpg

I also had them raiding a Wayfarer and took out the headhunters (and found a copy of the floorplan with the key in it):

Wayfarer.jpg

Finally (and I can't honeslty think anyone else will find this useful but you never know) I made a wanted poster for one of the PCs:

Jom_Wanted_Small.jpg

If anyone finds these interesting or useful let me know and I'll add more as the campaign progresses.

Cool - nice work! Keen to see what else you come up with.

Edited by gribble

I've also been writing up the story of the game, not sure if that's the sort of thing people post on this forum?

I've also been writing up the story of the game, not sure if that's the sort of thing people post on this forum?

Most people post that on their ObsidianPortal page (or wherever), and then post a link to that on one of these forums.

Ooooh, almost forgot, the other thing I made is a Character Sheet. Personally the thing I love about pen and paper RPGs over computer games is the flexibility and the opennest to bending rules and being creative. As such I tend to find most of the digital interactive character sheets online to be rather limiting as they are very rigid in what they allow you to do.

As such I have made a basic character sheet in Excel , with some simple calculations (such as generating dice pools) thrown in to make life easier, that can be modded and adjusted as much as necessary for any given character. Now if I want to make more room for talent explanations or don't need so many weapon slots or if I want to add a permanent bonus to dice roll I can just change the sheet.

I get the impression I am a minority in this view but it's here for anyone that wants to use it as a starting point for their own design. Oh, it's formatted to print nicely onto 2 sides of portrait or side by side on 1 side of landscape, but in British paper sizes (i.e. A4) as I am British. No idea how American paper works especially since you don't use the golden ratio, but I'm sure someone can tweak it easily enough (I've done the same in the other direction with American spreadsheets for other games).

Enjoy.

Nice usage of VLOOKUP. Looks good. Will definitely need more room for Talents and eventually Force Powers, but it is a good start!

Took me a while to work out the logic of it all, but I deliberately left the workings in so people would be able to see and if necessary tweak it.

As you say, it's a start. Once I make a specific character sheet it tends to deviate and get customised to best suit that character. I've made a version for force users but as I've not yet started playing with that character I don't consider it "playtested" yet.

My modification would be to have Obligation, Duty and Morality on the sheet. Some will use one or two and I might have one to use all three, but just having it there to start with is nice. And then there are additional Talents and Force Abilities. That is going to take up some space and will need a separate page.