Okay, who else got the books?

By cjohnson2, in Legends of Percevan

I did, and they're awesome. I want more. The French website, by the way, mentions upcoming volumes 3 and 4 (I don't know French). No news here, unfortunately. Does anyone knows, well, anything?

By the way, Shadows of Malicorne is the French title of what is basically the upcoming Volume 3, i.e. issues 6, 7, 8. Volume 2 chapter 3 is the French Issue 9 and starts with some major spoilers about the ending of Volume 3, although it does not say how that ending came to happen, so the effectively twinned timeline just means waiting x2 ( for #6 and #10). Despite the waiting x2, the decision not to split storylines (as opposed to timelines) is a reasonable one.

Also, does anyone know if Ganael ever makes a reappearance in later volumes or the authors just forgot about him?

Correct, they split up the books to aviod nasty cliffhangers, which is a good idea, believe me. In danish, there was a NASTY long break betweem 6 and 7 (#6 came out in 88, #7 got out in french in 92, came in danish in 95), so the split is a good idea, to aviod breaking up the story.

And yes, Ganael will return :)

JamTheDane said:

In danish, there was a NASTY long break betweem 6 and 7 (#6 came out in 88, #7 got out in french in 92, came in danish in 95)

Seven years! You guys are saints. That's one of the advantages of being cultural slowpokes right there. And FFG is doing us English-speakers a favor by eliminating the waiting between #9 and #10 which, judging by the spoiler, is simply unbearable.

JamTheDane said:

And yes, Ganael will return :)

w00t! All the more reason to learn French. Thanks!