Super excited to play this

By Cubanboy, in Samurai

I have two different versions of Shogun and can say both are excellent. So I am excited to play this new verison it sounds good and does not have 1 million pieces so that is a plus.

I'll agree that simplicity in games can be really really good, and games that aren't messy are even better especially if the rules are still deep enough to have a rich experience tied to them.

I remember this one from back in the day. Just might buy it!

Reiner Knizia's trilogy of tile-placement games ( Samurai, Tigris & Euphrates, and Through The Desert ) set the standard for strategy board gaming.

If you haven't already grabbed the recent Fantasy Flight reissue of Tigris & Euphrates , do it. It is a phenomenal game. I'm stoked to pick up Samurai , and I hope you reprint Through The Desert again soon!

I have two different versions of Shogun and can say both are excellent. So I am excited to play this new verison it sounds good and does not have 1 million pieces so that is a plus.

I think you mean Samurai, yes? Shogun is a very different game; renamed to Samurai Swords, then Ikusa.

I received my copy of Samurai recently, and I played it last night for the first time. Let me say, it will NOT be the last!

It seemed like it would be such a simple game - after all, there aren't that many tokens, no dice, no cards (a true Eurogame) I was wrong! There was so much strategy involved.

Don't get me wrong, it was very simple to learn . The rulebook is 8 only pages long, and that includes front and back covers, pictures, and examples. But after just a single play, I realized that this game had a lot of replay potential, and really made me pay attention and think about each tile.

I love it!