New Player draft qeustion

By WillemTCG, in Android: Netrunner Draft Play

Hi

I'm new to netrunner and one thing about drafting isn't clear to me.

When drafting do all players need to have the same set like Cyber War ?

Or can one player bring Cyber war corp and the other Overdrive runner for instance ?

Thanks in advance !

Everyone uses the same draft set.

Everyone uses the same draft set.

I see thanks

One more thing about the the Data Packs, are they like starter packs (playable) or more like boosters ?

And what is min/max deck size ?

Data packs are more like boosters, but there are no random cards. For examr, every What Lies Ahead has 3 copies of the same 20 cards.

No max deck side (though corps are limited based on the number of agenda points in a deck). Minimum deck size depends on the ID. Typically ranges from 40 to 50 cards.

Data packs are more like boosters, but there are no random cards. For examr, every What Lies Ahead has 3 copies of the same 20 cards.

No max deck side (though corps are limited based on the number of agenda points in a deck). Minimum deck size depends on the ID. Typically ranges from 40 to 50 cards.

Great thanks for explaining mate ! I will pickup the Core set asap, cant wait ;) )))

One thing to be aware of: The draft packs are randomized reprints of cards that are regularly published in the Core Set, Deluxe Sets , and Data Packs . So, drafting is a fun exercise in deckbuilding but in the end it does leave you with extra copies of a lot of cards. Which can be handy, if you're like me and you build multiple decks. Which is not to say I really *need* 7 copies of The Future Perfect, but *shrug*.

• Core Set: 252 cards, a mix of 3x, 2x, and 1x copies. All 7 factions, 1 ID per faction. MSRP $40 but usually available as cheap as $25 if you're resourceful.
  • Deluxe Set: 3x copies of 55 cards. 1 Runner faction and 1 Corp Faction per box. 3 IDs per faction
  • Data Pack: 3x copies of 20 cards. All 7 factions, but how many cards per faction varies from 1-3 apiece, usually.

The regular product is not randomized--you want to build a deck with card X, you go out and buy that specific Data Pack. If you're a completionist, eventually you'll own a full playset of every card not in the Core Set, so you won't *need* to do Drafts just to get cards. But it's fun and a different kind of challenge.

The core set is kind of inconvenient in that it has 3x of some cards, 2x of others, and 1x of a few. So most serious players eventually own two core sets--it's pretty worth it to have 6x of some staple cards and at least 2x of some others. You don't have to bite the bullet and buy three Core Sets unless you have a very specific deck that needs 3x of a particular card from the 1x list. Thankfully this problem doesn't exist when it comes to Data Packs and Deluxe Sets--they're just straight up boosters, what you see is what you get.

Oh, and don't count on being able to fill out a Core Set with Draft cards--the short simple answer is that it's long odds, and you'd spend more on drafting than just buying another copy.

That about covers the usual questions I've seen when new players start building their collections. Welcome to the game, I think it's the best card game on the market!

Edited by Grimwalker

One thing to be aware of: The draft packs are randomized reprints of cards that are regularly published in the Core Set, Deluxe Sets , and Data Packs . So, drafting is a fun exercise in deckbuilding but in the end it does leave you with extra copies of a lot of cards. Which can be handy, if you're like me and you build multiple decks. Which is not to say I really *need* 7 copies of The Future Perfect, but *shrug*.

• Core Set: 252 cards, a mix of 3x, 2x, and 1x copies. All 7 factions, 1 ID per faction. MSRP $40 but usually available as cheap as $25 if you're resourceful.
  • Deluxe Set: 3x copies of 55 cards. 1 Runner faction and 1 Corp Faction per box. 3 IDs per faction
  • Data Pack: 3x copies of 20 cards. All 7 factions, but how many cards per faction varies from 1-3 apiece, usually.

The regular product is not randomized--you want to build a deck with card X, you go out and buy that specific Data Pack. If you're a completionist, eventually you'll own a full playset of every card not in the Core Set, so you won't *need* to do Drafts just to get cards. But it's fun and a different kind of challenge.

The core set is kind of inconvenient in that it has 3x of some cards, 2x of others, and 1x of a few. So most serious players eventually own two core sets--it's pretty worth it to have 6x of some staple cards and at least 2x of some others. You don't have to bite the bullet and buy three Core Sets unless you have a very specific deck that needs 3x of a particular card from the 1x list. Thankfully this problem doesn't exist when it comes to Data Packs and Deluxe Sets--they're just straight up boosters, what you see is what you get.

Oh, and don't count on being able to fill out a Core Set with Draft cards--the short simple answer is that it's long odds, and you'd spend more on drafting than just buying another copy.

That about covers the usual questions I've seen when new players start building their collections. Welcome to the game, I think it's the best card game on the market!

Thanks for the info !!

Yea i will start with the core and knowing myself prob all the datapacks and stuff will follow pretty soon ;)

And the drafting i'll do once in a while just for the draft experience

dont know if i can say this here but I've found this game on OCTGN, i plan on fully supporting this game and my local store so i dont see harm in it playing it there for now.

Cant wait for my money to come in end of the month so i can get the Core set ;)

So if any of you guy's wanne learn me the game a bit there i would appreciate it ;) My nick is WillemTCG in OCTGN

Edited by WillemTCG