Tome of Ice with Road to Legend questions.

By wook, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Hey everyone, first post, but I've been lurking here getting questions answered for quite a long time. Now I simply have one that I can't find an answer to.

So, with ToI playing RtL, I think that for the most part everything fits well but what about the two new characters that don't start with three skills, do they then start RtL with -2 skills each? I beleive the rule is written to simply start with one, but I think that -2 would work really well...Thoughts?

Again, thanks all, for hundreds of threats I've watched on here.

For a campaign, what u see on the card is what u get. They do not necessarily start with all of the skills added. The number on the skill marker is how many skill cards your hero can randomly pick from each respective skill deck.(randomly or not randomly, your chosen house rules my vary) Choose one and only one skill from all the cards chosen to be your heros starting skill.

I hope I answered your question. If not, hit me back

I've made a house ruling. Rather than "keep one skill", it's "discard three skills".

This gives a skill edge to heroes with more than three basics, and still allows heroes who take a hit on skills to allow other abilities to be ballenced. Also, wording it this way future-proofs the whole affair.

Slev said:

I've made a house ruling. Rather than "keep one skill", it's "discard three skills".

This gives a skill edge to heroes with more than three basics, and still allows heroes who take a hit on skills to allow other abilities to be ballenced. Also, wording it this way future-proofs the whole affair.

This sounds unbalanced. Do you really see heroes that have no skill at the start of RTL can keep up with the other heroes that have a skill?

With this set-up:

Karnon has no skills to start with, but has an extra two power dice to compensate.

Arvel has two skills to start with, but one fewer power die to compensate.

Everyone else is the same.

Sweet.... thanks all.