March Order and a Routed unit

By HouseJasonBourne, in A Game of Thrones: The Board Game - A Dance with Dragons

Can I split my army if I am taking over land that has 1 routed unit in it and then take the rest of the army and attack a land with troops in it?

It came into question, I wanted to split my armies. Moving some to a land with a castle and 1 routed unit and the rest with ample support to take another castle since it was our last turn. I needed a few more castles to win.

What do you guys think or know?

Only one combat may be initiated for each March Order. You cannot split your army to attack two areas with units in them.

But the units were routed, so there would be no combat taking place.

From the FAQ:

Q: Does marching a player’s units into an area
containing only enemy routed units result in a combat?
A: Yes.

So Combat DOES happen, and House Cards are played, and Support may asked for and given.

Edited by kauai1964

Lucky Patcher 9Apps VidMate

Edited by blackiyto

Not sure what you mean when you copy and paste a previous post. Are you implying the FAQ is wrong?

On 1/30/2015 at 1:35 PM, HouseJasonBourne said:

Sorry to white walker a January thread but I wanted to weigh in and say I am learning this game. Looking at the rules I can't see what makes you think combat doesn't take place if you march into an area with routed units. What I've found in the rules is that they say routed units don't contribute combat strength, so I am wondering if that is where you are being confused.

Looks like a fun game, I get to play it Thursday!