Expansion stalker

By MechaBri.Zilla, in Warhammer: Diskwars

Word on the street is they're losing the license.

If this is true, the passionate players of the community will have an opportunity to band together and give the game the support it deserves. I'm still waiting to see though.

If this is true, the passionate players of the community will have an opportunity to band together and give the game the support it deserves. I'm still waiting to see though.

Yeah, why aren't there any fan expansions?

There are some. Vassal has a couple new factions/command and terrain cards, there are files for a few other minor ones on BBG.

Would that include the 40k License? That doesn't make sense too me, since they are still producing the 40k lcg, and the RPG iirc.

Anyway, I'm still missing this game.

Would that include the 40k License? That doesn't make sense too me, since they are still producing the 40k lcg, and the RPG iirc.

Yeah, the license loss theory doesn't quite make sense to me. 40k aside, even for fantasy they are continuing production of Warhammer Quest. Two new heroes came out recently for that game (they are excellent, by the way, as is the game in general if anyone is wondering :) )

Yeah, the license loss theory doesn't quite make sense to me. 40k aside, even for fantasy they are continuing production of Warhammer Quest. Two new heroes came out recently for that game (they are excellent, by the way, as is the game in general if anyone is wondering :) )

But think about the Warhammer quest thing for a minute. Why would FFG rush out some POD heroes, without any hype, instead of giving a new campaign? And as for the LCG, I hear from the playtesters that they haven't tested in a long time, and the developer won't say why. And Forbidden Stars got no expansions. Talisman just ended. Dunno, seems fishy to me.

The PoD is a bit strange, granted. I also had not heard anything about discontinued playtesting for the 40k LCG. If true, that is actually the most disturbing news of all in my opinion, as it could in fact indicate something is up with the Warhammer license itself.

As far as i can tell, the LCG is pretty successful and would not be cut at this stage unless it was absolutely necessary. The same could be said for Warhammer Quest, which sells like hotcakes whenever it makes it to the shelves. Anything wrong with those products probably would mean that something is wrong with the license, in my opinion.

Also, on a random and mostly unrelated note, Toenail, you have one of the greatest signature lines ever!

But think about the Warhammer quest thing for a minute. Why would FFG rush out some POD heroes, without any hype, instead of giving a new campaign? And as for the LCG, I hear from the playtesters that they haven't tested in a long time, and the developer won't say why. And Forbidden Stars got no expansions. Talisman just ended. Dunno, seems fishy to me.

So, basically the LCG playtesters violated their NDA by giving protected info about the game's status, while the developers kept true to their contract.

Why are you sayin' that Talisman ended? I've seen no official announcement at this regard

So, basically the LCG playtesters violated their NDA by giving protected info about the game's status, while the developers kept true to their contract.

Why are you sayin' that Talisman ended? I've seen no official announcement at this regard

PLEAAASE!! FINISH DISKWARS!!! LAS TWO EXPANSIONS (lizardmens&woodelves + skavenz&darkelves) AND A BIG CAMPAIGN SET (rulebook, scenarios, and a ton of terrain)... just that!! cmon FFG!!!! YOU HAVE ENOUGH MONEY WITH THE SW **** SO YOU CAN USE IT TO MAKE HAPPY OTHER NERDS!!!

XD

Talisman isn't official, but the final expansion felt like a good ending point, and the rules said "thank you to everyone who helped make Talisman the game it is over the years." which is a little odd. Plus 12 expansions is a lot.

Thanks for the point about Talisman, I still have to get the latest three expansions and didn't know of the goodbye line. Indeed, it seems like it stops here. Let's hope in a final FAQ

Thanks for the point about Talisman, I still have to get the latest three expansions and didn't know of the goodbye line. Indeed, it seems like it stops here. Let's hope in a final FAQ

I actually don't have most of them. Just city, frostmarch, dungeon, and deep realms. Found out about the line from hearsay.

So, anyone else think the big reveal at Gen Con will be the final expansions for WH DW?

Let's hope rumors tht GW didn't renew to FFG the license for the whole WH franchise are not true...

Let's hope rumors tht GW didn't renew to FFG the license for the whole WH franchise are not true...

It seems like the thing they would do, but its mostly speculation and heresay.

So, anyone else think the big reveal at Gen Con will be the final expansions for WH DW?

It is possible. At this point, it may be the best we can hope for since new materials haven't exactly been rolling in on a regular basis.

I hope something is announced!

nothing new for Diskwars :(

I'm happy with the new Runewars: The Miniature Game. If they offer some novels to fill the background story, I might found a new miniature game, beside Armada and Deadzone.

But.. I always liked to play a few quick Diskwars matches against some casual players who don't like miniature games.

Sadly, I guess there won't be new content anymore. Especially because now FFG offer a good alternative for Games Workshop's Warhammer: Fantasy Battle players.

I have a box full of the original sets (all types) plus a load of the samuarI packs. Are these usable?

push :D