Characters for Lost Knowledge

By Iosuah, in Adventure: Lost Knowledge

I will be running an evening session of this in a few weeks for my group as we take a little break from our EotE game (the regular GM is out of town that week).

Rather than spend the whole evening building characters, I was planning on bringing pregens...which means I need to make them.

What do you consider a good team structure for Lost Knowledge?

Currently, I am thinking:

• Gand Findsman (Seeker: Pathfinder)
  • Human Martial Artist (Warrior: Aggressor)
  • Cerean Engineer (Sentinel: Artisan)
  • Togruta Protector (Guardian: Soresu Defender)
  • Human Healer (Consular: Healer)
  • Zabrak Visionary (Mystic: Seer)

And letting the group pick from that.

Also, although the adventure is designed for base characters, I wonder if buffing the adversaries and starting at knight level would give the players a better taste of the powers available - none have played with the Force so far.

If you are running this as a one-shot, knight level can be fine. However, the end goal of the adventure is to give the characters a lightsaber crystal. If the players already have a lightsaber and you plan on continuing the campaign after the adventure, the primary goal may not be as sweet.

Agreed, this is written to be usable as a first adventure for new characters, for best results run it as such.

Any tips on making this useful for knight level play, basically sweeten the prize so to speak?

I'd keep it similar to how it is. It's pretty much set up like the Beginner Games of AoR and EotE, where the characters start out with everything they should, except for the one big resource that they have to have, which they have to work for. For example, with EotE, most of the characters have a bit extra in experience and credits and it ends with them getting a YT-1300 (essentially starting with higher obligations and working towards the YT-1300 group resource). For AoR, most of the characters have tons of credits worth in gear, and ends with them grabbing a base (base of operations group resource and the bonus 2,500 credits).

So basically, you'd give the players their +150 experience, and then give them the push to Athiss through the holocron or mentor group resource. Essentially giving the players this test to prove themselves by overcoming the dark side and get their lightsaber crystals. Or if you'd rather give them a ship, then you could say they overheard about the caves somehow, likely tying it into a character's backstory.

Any tips on making this useful for knight level play, basically sweeten the prize so to speak?

Well considering where the climax happens you've got some stuff to work with. In addition to a little bit of "rich stuff" to get the ball rolling, there's a really good opportunity to install an ongoing McGuffin.

If your Knights already have their lightsaber, then you may consider something more than just crystals at the end of the adventure.

Edited by kaosoe

HIyas!

A few simple ones off the top o' my addled brain, young apprentice:

Howsabout getting a rare( r ) & more powerful crystal?

Howsabout getting a jedi holocron?

Or finding a "lost" knight/master?

HtH

L

MTFBWY

A

Edited by LETE