NEW GAME EDITION or NEW HH SERIES?

By Gryps, in Horus Heresy

Horus Heresy, as part of the Warhammer 40,000 background history, has always been in the heart of the players.

The few past years, Black Library and Forgeworld have added details and miniatures to this expanding legend and found huge support from the gaming community.

This only leads to the obvious questions:

1) Are we going to see a new release of Horus Heresy (The Battle for Terra) game with fresh rules, miniatures and gameplay?

or even better,

2) Are we going to see a new boardgame / strategy game SERIES based on all the great Horus Heresy campaign battles? Istvaan, Calth, Prospero and of course Terra, between others?

Praying to the Holy Emperor and offering a beer το Russ, this will happen very soon...

Edited by Gryps

I´ve read about FFG not doing Big Box Games anymore... whatever that means..

I´d love a new Horus Heresy Edition in a HUGE BOX...

I´ll pay extra for it.

I´ve read about FFG not doing Big Box Games anymore... whatever that means..

Like Tide of Iron, Descent 1st edition, Twilight Imperium. And Horus Heresy, of course. I guess the market changed a lot through the years, and such monster games are not really good for the contemporary market.

Too bad, since there was a load of stuff and opening one of these monsters were like having Christmas lasting for one week.

Oh, well...

What about a Battlelore 2nd ed. (a.k.a. Commands & Colors / Memoir '44 -style) rules for a series of Horus Heresy (not 40K!) battles / campaigns?

Not an open system ("bring your army points, I bring mine") but a series of pre-made specific battles, each one on its own box with map / miniatures on a non-Epic40K scale / special "historical" event cards deck representing a specific part of Horus Heresy. With a parallel board for space battle where needed.

Just some thoughts.

I'd be all in too for that!

Today I bought myself the awesome Starcraft board game that I found in my FLGS! Coffin boxes are so awesome!