Just bought Stone of Erech and Massing

By PsychoRocka, in The Lord of the Rings - Print on Demand

Just got Massing and Stone of Erech in the mail and played both once. I gave Stone of Erech a try first and got utterly smashed on stage 2 right as it hit midnight, was going decently and holding off about 5 enemies on the combat player every turn!
Couldn't clear them fast enough and eventually got overrun. Fun game though!

Then I played Massing at Osgiliath..... and beat it first go!!! Had two ranger objectives when I got to stage three (one with each player) but only had to sacrifice one to continue on and kept the other, then a third one came out near the end (all three times they came out as shadow cards and I used allies/heroes to claim them). Probably got pretty lucky with encounter draws (still faced some nasty situations though!) but incredibly proud of my win. Almost killed the Witch King too, had him on 2 health. I would have if I didn't have to use gandalf for threat reduction every time I played him.
Did not expect to beat either PoD first try but very happy I managed to!
Now if only I could beat Morul Vale and Escape from Dol Guldur..... =\

Massing used to be The Business. Time (and a much deeper card pool) have pulled most of its teeth.

Massing is a joke now with the card pool. Why don't you try it like Matthew and mitxh doing using the progression series attempt (ie only use cards that were out then to try) and you will be humbled.

Yeah it did seem strangely not-so-hard and I do have all player cards released to date...
Still pretty proud of my win though, need to try it some more and see how I do.
I finished Dol Guldur last night though which im pretty happy about =)

Just need to beat Morgul Vale now.... racked up another two losses against it recently....

Good job. Dol guldur is a beast.

Try lake town :)

Finally got through Morgul Vale too. Into Ithilien and Siege of Cair Andros are such a b*tch though....

I use to think Dol guldur was hard until I tried lake town. I don't have the full collection, only about half but man, was I crunched. We didn't even make it through the end because of loosing heroes to smaug. tough...

I use to think Dol guldur was hard until I tried lake town. I don't have the full collection, only about half but man, was I crunched. We didn't even make it through the end because of loosing heroes to smaug. tough...

Check this out:

Massing used to be The Business. Time (and a much deeper card pool) have pulled most of its teeth.

Massing is a joke now with the card pool. Why don't you try it like Matthew and mitxh doing using the progression series attempt (ie only use cards that were out then to try) and you will be humbled.

I see a few of you have said that massing is so easy now with the cards that you have. do you recommend i buy it now early on? i have just now finished the first cycle and thats all

Yes. It's a really great and challenging quest with only the early cards.

When was it realeased? I mean Masing at Osgiliath... the product code seems to show it was released just after Shadow & Flame... but that does not seem to be coherent with GenCon 2011?

It was released simultaneously with Conflict at the Carrock I believe.