Cthulhu! Sit!

By PearlJamaholic, in Call of Cthulhu Deck Construction

i wonder if i can work a deck around this. the self eating cthulhu and the hapless graduate student. if i can get enough draw from miskatonic abilities i can keep skipping my draw phase cthulhu doesnt go off. use a draw ability, gentlemans club maybe. student goes insane. he restores before the next draw phase, i sac nothing again.

im gonna have to play around with this idea.

PearlJamaholic said:

i wonder if i can work a deck around this. the self eating cthulhu and the hapless graduate student. if i can get enough draw from miskatonic abilities i can keep skipping my draw phase cthulhu doesnt go off. use a draw ability, gentlemans club maybe. student goes insane. he restores before the next draw phase, i sac nothing again.

im gonna have to play around with this idea.

I don't know if there is enough draw in White Border Cthulhu, but if the old sets count, you can try Forgotten Isle and Undersea Treasures to temporary blank Cthulhu.

Or cancel the effect with Aldebaran Ascendant.

well if i need a draw bad enough ill feed something to cthulhu and allow the student to go insane. but usually you can get to a point in the game when you dont need that many cards in hand if you have good board control. and with cthulhu eating one of their guys every turn it should help me. i still havent even put the deck together cause im just messing with my league deck for now. maybe since next week is the last league game for us i might try finding 50 cards to make this deck happen and see how it works.