Vassal

By garyweatherly, in Blood Bowl: Team Manager

If I wanted to make a Vassal module so my friends could play BBTM over the internet, could it be made available publicly? What is the FFG policy on that? I notice there is a Vassal module for Arkham Horror.

I know a guy did a vassal module for Tannhauser and when it was completed got a Cease and Desist letter from FFG. I think it was mostly due to have all the game automation in place,

I then created a Fantasygrounds module to play the same game with no game automation at all, just the tokens and some boards, the boards are not original either but custom created, never got a word from FFG. The idea,, to be able to play the game with my solution you need to own a phisical copy as ou need to have the rules of each thing and each expansion you are using, that was not the case with the vassal module.

I would love to be able to play online so please go ahead and do the module! But try to be careful with the automation you put in place. happy.gif

Thanks.

I made the module, which was a great deal of scanning work, but won't post it without some assurance that FFG isn't going to sick the lawyers on me.

Really want to play this via VASSAL, any new updates regarding the module?

I have just upgraded your modul yesterday and today. There where a couple of Staff Upgrades missing. I've added them. I also put in the possibility to play with 6 players. And I scanned all cards in higher quality without editiing the Spike Deck.

I've uploaded the edited version on Vassal.

I hope this is okay for you.

Garthnait said:

I have just upgraded your modul yesterday and today. There where a couple of Staff Upgrades missing. I've added them. I also put in the possibility to play with 6 players. And I scanned all cards in higher quality without editiing the Spike Deck.

I've uploaded the edited version on Vassal.

I hope this is okay for you.

Thanks for your great jobs! My girlfriend and I love this game so much.

However I have a question about why the spike decks have no descriptions? Copyright's issue?

Henry

Yes this is a copyright thing. So FFG have you to own the game. ;)

At this point I'm working on a complete overhaul of the BBTM modul including preparing it for the coming Add-On. ;)

The new BBTM Modul will have a complete new Hand system, so other players can not see whats in your hand. And new Options and ways how things work together. ;)

Thank so much Garthnait for the VASSAL module.

Have played it a few times now and enjoy the ease of playing my beloved BBTM with other players when I cant find any face to face.

Cheers

There will be an absolute new and awesome version of the modul very soon. As soon as it will be developed I'll inform you.