Jump Pack Wording changed. How do they work now?

By vogue69, in Black Crusade Rules Questions

How do Jump Packs work in Black Crusade? The changed the wording to "can make unlimited jumps up to double his base movement".What does that even meen?

Does it mean I can double my base-movement and therefore charge x2 run x2, half move x2 disengage x2 etc. Or does it mean I can move and ignore vertical obstacles up to two times my base movement? (3 x 2 Meters)

vogue69 said:

How do Jump Packs work in Black Crusade? The changed the wording to "can make unlimited jumps up to double his base movement".What does that even meen?

Does it mean I can double my base-movement and therefore charge x2 run x2, half move x2 disengage x2 etc. Or does it mean I can move and ignore vertical obstacles up to two times my base movement? (3 x 2 Meters)

My reading would be that it allows you to, indeed, double your movement whenever you move. But that's my reading, and it is rather ambiguous.

The "and avoid any ground obstacles" part is so also important. To me it means you double your movement AND you ignore any sort of obstacle or difficult terrain penalties you could reasonably avoid by flying over.

that's what I thought. Pretty neet with Preturnatural Speed and sprint

When PC must pass his pilot aeronautica skill? If I want to move by my double speed, If I want to make jump or only during hard manuvering?

coolzyg said:

When PC must pass his pilot aeronautica skill? If I want to move by my double speed, If I want to make jump or only during hard manuvering?

Up to the GM. Personally, If they have the skill, I'd probably not ask for a test during basic use (double movement, gaining the flyer trait) and instead just require one when they do, indeed, perform more elaborate or dangerous maneuvers like trying to fly under a closing bulkhead door or do a hard turn in a narrow alley etc etc