What Token Caddy Do You Like?

By Scrivner, in X-Wing

There are lots of different token caddies available for order on the interwebz.

Which ones do you like and why?

I just use a plano box for now because I'm broke. There are definitely a lot of good options out there tho. Maybe check out etsy as that is where i buy a lot of my custom x wing things in the past.

I had this printed and works fine

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4004711

Dont use the card holder, and had a level double printed for a 3 stack plus lid

Edited by LUZ_TAK

I have a couple of Plano boxes that are the size of pill organizers and have 8 spaces each.

And a bigger plano full of extra copies in case I need 50 focus tokens. 😄

I went to my local hardware store and bought a small box with assorted screws, cost a couple of dollars. Lots of small compartments for the different tokens and only about an inch tall.

My first box was for sewing supplies. Had a nice long section that fit the movement and range templates. Currently I'm using a discontinued 3D-printed box I bought from Etsy. Not quite satisfied with it, so I continue to browse options.

Plano 3700. Inexpensive and does the job nicely.

Edited by Spinland

I picked up a wooden token box with a Boba Fett design on the lid at 3019 Nationals.

I've always just used one of the plastic packaging bags to store my tokens though 😂

2nopXFP.jpg

On 1/7/2021 at 2:38 PM, Target_2.0 said:

My first box was for sewing supplies. Had a nice long section that fit the movement and range templates. Currently I'm using a discontinued 3D-printed box I bought from Etsy. Not quite satisfied with it, so I continue to browse options.

One of the gals, i played with, at origins a few years back, had a sewing case, she kept all her dice in...

I use the Plano Molding 5231 Double Cover Stow N Go Organizer, Porsche Red . It has enough room for two 3-ship small bases squads, including dials. The tokens are in a top storage in partitioned slots. It's small enough to fit in a backpack that I sling over my wheelchair.

I use two. This is the Stanley 25 Compartment Box:

71eaY5pln6L._AC_SX466_.jpg

I use this one for all of the extra tokens and dial covers I'm not using with my current lists.

The second one is the Plano 3950 Satchel Box:

s-l640.jpg

I use this one as my game night box, carrying just the lists I'm using. Tokens and other small parts go in the top while the larger pieces (miniatures and dial covers) are stored in the bottom.

A good place to look for X-Wing token storage (and other game related material) is Etsy.com.

Edited by T70 Driver
11 hours ago, Cloaker said:

Nice! Where can one get these?

That looks like something off of Esty..

On 1/8/2021 at 11:00 PM, Scrivner said:

Nice! Where can one get these?

These are/were produced by Hanson Brothers Gaming via Kickstarter. They're a pair of local X-Wing players here in San Jose. I'm not sure if they're still making them as I haven't seen them since March of 2020. Google Hanson Brothers Gaming for their website. You might be able to e-mail an enquiry as to the availability of the token tray.