Gigabites Cafe Armada Prime event 2/1/20

By jamie nasmyth, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

I am happy to announce our 2020 prime championship at Gigabites cafe. For the 2019 we had 38 attendees from as far afield as Toronto and Chicago. I really hope you can all make it to have an even bigger event (44 to beat Gencon) in 2020. Looking forward to seeing you all.

Please see the info below to sign up

https://www.facebook.com/events/403556457027500/?ti=icl

Time to start advertising this more since it is less than two months out looking forward to seeing all those who make it

Just over a month to our prime looking forward to seeing you all

We are less than two weeks out and I just want to post some guidelines for harmonious living prior to the event:
1) Lists: please come with at least two lists to the event. One will be sharing with your opponent and the other will be collected for review.
2) Mats: we expect this event to have a high turnout so if you have mats that you can bring and share it will be greatly appreciated.
3) Product Eligibility: While the Starhawk and Onager are expected to be released on 1/31/2020 they will NOT be legal for this prime. The old Armada fundamental event document does not apply to primes which are considered competitive and must be release 10 days prior to the event to be legal.
4) The Raddus Errata is in effect and is posted here for Reference:
Admiral Raddus (Upgrade Card Errata)
This upgrade card's effect should read:
"Before deploying fleets, you may set aside 1 other friendly ship with a command value of 3 or less. At the start of any round, you may deploy that ship at distance 1-2 of you. That ship cannot be deployed overlapping squadrons and cannot be the first ship to activate that round."
5) Please ensure that you have all the cards and ships you need before the event. If you need to borrow something please have it lined up in advance. If you have a custom alt art card please also have the original on hand. As this is an officially sanctioned FFG event proxies and photo copies are not acceptable.
6) List Checking: At the start of Round 1 prior to collecting opposing players will be asked to review and confirm lists are correct and once reviewed they should sign them. These lists will then be collected and reviewed again by myself and CJ.
7) The FFG event floor rules will be in effect for this event. These rules govern sportsmanship, slow play and appropriate conduct. It also governs appropriate conduct please be familiar with this document.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to PM me. I look forward to seeing you all soon.
May the force be with you
Jamie